Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare E-30's What's the rarest E-30 out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare E-30's What's the rarest E-30 out there?

I have an 89 schwarz 325is, this i believe is the only color/year where BMW painted the bumpers a different color than the car, Diamond Schwarz.. Therefore the car is probably a little rarer than others? How rare is this? Please put your two cents in on rare original e-30's and what you believe is the rarest/ most valuable of them all.

What the hell are you talking about? All 89+ US E30s with plastic bumpers were one color all over, bumpers included.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
      What the hell are you talking about? All 89+ US E30s with plastic bumpers were one color all over, bumpers included.
      Nope, IIRC, '89 Schwarz cars with plastic bumpers did in fact get Diamond-Schwarz bumpers.

Comment

Really? That's weird. Who wants that?

Anyways, point being, it's not rare. Half the cars on this board have incorrectly colored bumpers :drink:

Comment

Really? That's weird. And what's the point?
          Yeah, it is for sure. Not sure what the reasoning was behind it.

The only thing I can think of is that possibly when the last of the '89 cars were painted Schwarz, maybe they'd stopped using that paint color, and they'd already had all of the bumpers painted Diamond-Schwarz, so they just went ahead and used them. Because as far as I know, and I could be wrong here, there weren't any Schwarz cars past '89, they were all Diamond-Schwarz.

Comment

I understand why BMW put black bumpers on the base model euro cars to make the more expensive models look even better in comparison, but light sparkly black on black? Dumb.

Comment

I understand why BMW put black bumpers on the base model euro cars to make the more expensive models look even better in comparison, but light sparkly black on black? Dumb.
              Yeah, I agree. The funny thing is, if I were to swap to plastics, I'd love to get a set of those satin-black euro plastics. No need to worry about paint-matching. :up:

Comment

Don't know if I'm ready to accept this whole diamond black bumpers thing yet but heres what I think would be the rarer E30's :

The last 93' Cabrios have got to be some of the rarer and more expensive E30's ...at least here in the states .
                Plus the same late 318 verts optioned with the 4.26 (or twenty-something) have got to be pretty rare .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer
                  The last 93' Cabrios have got to be some of the rarer and more expensive E30's ...at least here in the states .
                  Plus the same late 318 verts optioned with the 4.26 (or twenty-something) have got to be pretty rare .
                  I've seen tons of '92 325iC's for sale, but zero '93s that I can remember.

I thought all 91-92 318iC's had 4.27 diffs? (vs. the coupe/sedan's 4.10, to make up for the extra weight) LSD was an option though. Want a really rare diff? Find an E36 318ti auto (4.45) with the LSD option.

Comment

i heard there were 30 of the cabrios in '93. there was an immaculate one for sale a couple weeks ago on craigslist. he said his was one of 17 from that year?

Comment

Yeah there were definitely 93' E30 cabrios .

And yes I meant the LSD ..obviously .

And damn that ti diff would effectively turn your trans back into a 4-speed .

Comment

Lets talk RARE!

I hear you guys, Painting my car right now, please see my post under bodywork and give me any suggestions! Anyway 89 Schwarz had Diamond schwarz bumpers from the factory which makes it somewhat a oddball= rarer. I'm not saying that makes it extremely rare, What i'm trying to do is get a thread started where people could discuss/ tell about what they believe is the rarest e-30 around, either original factory or maybe even rare e-30 race cars and what is believed to be the rarest/most valuable e-30 in existance.

I once saw a picture of an e-30 chassis/body that was completely carbon fiber, that must be pretty rare, Glass sunroofs are rare, I just want to start a thread of who the rarest of them all is...with the majority of emphasis on original from the factory cars and also some talk of rare parts.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD RARE.

Comment

Oh I know there were 93s, I just meant there are so few that I can't even remember seeing one for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanzotti
                            I hear you guys, Painting my car right now, please see my post under bodywork and give me any suggestions! Anyway 89 Schwarz had Diamond schwarz bumpers from the factory which makes it somewhat a oddball= rarer. I'm not saying that makes it extremely rare, What i'm trying to do is get a thread started where people could discuss/ tell about what they believe is the rarest e-30 around, either original factory or maybe even rare e-30 race cars and what is believed to be the rarest/most valuable e-30 in existance.

I once saw a picture of an e-30 chassis/body that was completely carbon fiber, that must be pretty rare, Glass sunroofs are rare, I just want to start a thread of who the rarest of them all is...with the majority of emphasis on original from the factory cars and also some talk of rare parts.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD RARE.
                            and im letting you guys know that i think 93's are VERY rare.

Comment

Meh ...like I said .

This thread is now officially gay .

Comment

Working...
                              X