No announcement yet.

What keeps you guys going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 3 e30's that Ive owned, only one has had a problem with a heater core valve. My current version only has 80k anyways, I plan on having her for a long time.
    Back to my roots

Comment

What heeps me going? The fact that I've created something that I wanted, that was not offered in this country.

I don't like going out and just buying a fast car, I'd much rather create a car for me... My E30 is a proof of that.

With the amount of time, effort, and money I've put into my car, I could be driving an E39 M5, and to be honest, i'm happy i'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
        With the amount of time, effort, and money I've put into my car, I could be driving an E39 M5, and to be honest, i'm happy i'm not.
        seriously? because I'd trade my E30 for an M5 in a heartbeat :D

not that I wouldn't miss her.. hell, it's been 4 days since I've driven it, and it's already driving me nuts! :(
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
          seriously? because I'd trade my E30 for an M5 in a heartbeat :D

not that I wouldn't miss her.. hell, it's been 4 days since I've driven it, and it's already driving me nuts! :(
          Many would trade across for an M5...I mean its one HELL of a car, and put one hell of a smile on my face when I opened it up on the freeway.

However for me, I cannot really enjoy something unless i've made it mine. Its pretty hard to explain to be honest, but I would not get any real enjoyment out of a turn key nice car.

Plus when the S38 goes in I think I will have a larger smile then when I drove the M5 =)

Comment

what keeps me going is working on the car. when i have nothing else to do to this car i dont know what the hell im gona do, whenever im bored i go out to the garage and screw around with it, granted theres usually nothing wrong with it i just go outside and do some "mod" that ive heard about that i can do without buying parts, or clean it or something. all in all i just like playin around with my car.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone
              Many would trade across for an M5...I mean its one HELL of a car, and put one hell of a smile on my face when I opened it up on the freeway.

However for me, I cannot really enjoy something unless i've made it mine. Its pretty hard to explain to be honest, but I would not get any real enjoyment out of a turn key nice car.

Plus when the S38 goes in I think I will have a larger smile then when I drove the M5 =)
              Damn!!! S38 swapage!!! You are my hero
              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

I agree on making a car your own and not just a run of the mill BMW, but you can always do the same with an m5 as well....
                Back to my roots

Comment

Anyone can buy a car or pay someone to build a car.

It makes it that much better when you do the work yourself, and you appreciate the car so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                    Anyone can buy a car or pay someone to build a car.

It makes it that much better when you do the work yourself, and you appreciate the car so much more.
                    rule #1 you can't buy cool.
                    rule #2 you can't "bolt on" cool.
                    rule #3 whatever you bought to bolt onto your ride to make it cool, it didn't work, take it back.

Comment

Originally posted by jabba88325
                      shit dude, it's called preventative maintence.

maybe if you tried it sometime you wouldn't be driving a hooptie that was falling apart on you.

grow a dick ....then eat it
                      Originally posted by ebelements
                      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Making it my own, learning from it, and getting looks at the dealership.
                        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by sticksdaman
                          my question to you guys is what keeps you going? what makes you keep the car even after everything goes wrong with it?
                          I love the E30 and will stick with it until I have pratically fixed/repaired/replaced it to like new. Will this take time, money, patience, stress, frustrations, blood, sweat, tears, an arm and a leg? Most likely but then again so will life. The E30 is a part of our lifestyle and that is what basically and essentially, I believe, keeps all of us going.

That and with every fix you can only get closer to a badass reconditioned like new E30. I'll be rolling a clean ass E30 in 2010, just the thought of it is the sh**!

Comment

Ha except by then youll need to replace everything again.
                            Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by FifeDog236
                              Ha except by then youll need to replace everything again.
                              Shut up! ;) (we're trying to "keep going" here)

Comment

I almost forgot.

It's an excuse to drive to another state and begin drinking in a house you've never been in and get shitfaced, and meet a terrorist.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X