X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts:

1. A low mileage, completely stock 325i is rarer than a 325is

2. SOMEBODY has to be caretaker of the original pristine examples

3. Could you have got it cheaper? Yes. But, I'd rather have your car than any $20k new car today.

4. Most modded e30's I've seen drifting around look like shit.

5. Your car will still require plenty of maintenance.

6. Sounds like you have done enough research on the e30 market and trying to get everyone to understand your philosophy is a waste of time.

7. I like your car.

Ryan

Comment

^Agent and Thatoneeuroe30^ :popcorn:

I'm happy with my $800 e30 and the quality time I get to spend with it making it great. That being said if I had the money to buy a super clean e30 I would do it in a heartbeat. I think $12,000 is on the high side, but not crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        You're welcome to PM me to continue any discussion about my moderation of this forum. In the meantime, you may want to brush up on your proficiency of written English.
        oh no need to pm I'll just make it public... this is a forum not a damn English paper i could care less about my grammar.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          oh no need to pm I'll just make it public... this is a forum not a damn English paper i could care less about my grammar.
          Couldn't care less

;)

Comment

Mate, it's "I couldn't care less". What you just said you could could care even less than you currently do, which I doubt.

Comment

zero fucks given couldn't care less if it matters to everyone

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

zero fucks given couldn't care less if it matters to everyone
                I would follow IceCube's advice at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_liner740 View Post
                  People gave you crap because you went to another persons for sale add and basically said his 325iX TOURING wasnt worth 13.5k because your super duper low mileage base model 325i you paid 12k for is in better shape.

We've already explained it to you....a Touring is a RARE e30, especially in North America, especially a 325iX, they command a premium. I get it, you dont get the appeal of the Tourings, and thats ok, but dont pout when people bitch slap you for your views.

So now that you got your super duper minty fresh low mileage e30, you gonna drive the pants off of it? Or you gonna spank on the hood knowing in the back of your mind that any mileage you put on it devalues the "low mileage" premium you paid. Fucking waste of a car siting there....

Its not a 5 year old vehicles where 300k or 30k matter. Rubber bushing deteriorate whether the car sits there or is on the highway, same for 80% of the componenets on the vehicle. Your car is 25 years plus, even if it has ZERO miles on it, components WILL need replacement.

So are you saying your 54k E30 is better than an e30 that had all its worn out components replaced?

In regards to paying premium for a finished car vs doing the work yourself and how R3V peeps are cheap (how nice of you btw). I'm in my early 30's, def make enough $$$ to afford the most premium of e30's being sold here but would rather buy a vehicle in need of work and spend the time wrenching, replacing parts and spending time on it, because thats more than half the enjoyment of being an enthusiast.

A decade ago there was a saying thats faded away a bit...."built, not bought...."
                  Agreed and I am the guy that said you was ripped off. I apologize that wasnt very r3v of me. But personally I wouldn't spent over 8k for any e30(excluding the M). but that's me. I hope you love it and treat it well.
                  sigpic
                  Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Daniel's car is MINT and you didn't overpay... I am surprised he sold it for $12K, he invested more into it.

F the haters
                    My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

When people express their opinion, that's hating? c'mon man

Sent from my Samsung Note 4
                      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
                        When people express their opinion, that's hating? c'mon man

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

I was referring to the fact that OP shouldn't care what anyone thinks and shouldn't be asking for opinions here... especially AFTER buying the car.
                        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

I am the guy that said you was ripped off. I apologize that wasnt very r3v of me.
                          Actually, that's the R3v we come here for. Be honest. If everyone was NICE, it wouldn't be any fun. Nice is boring as shit.

t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                            Actually, that's the R3v we come here for. Be honest. If everyone was NICE, it wouldn't be any fun. Nice is boring as shit.

t
                            The fatty here is correct.

:twisted:
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Most don't realize they will spend $10k on their $2k 200,990 mile e30 and it will never be as tight as your 54k example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

It all depends on what you want. If you want factory quality paint, you can buy a $5k e30 and then spend at least $10k on a pro paint job. You then have a $15k e30 that still most likely needs some interior work along with needing a number of other issues resolved. It is very easy to spend $5k fixing things such as air conditioning, suspension, brakes, electrical etc. You can add another $5k for the interior work. So, getting to $25k is very easy.

The other option is to find a sub 75k mile one owner example that has been garaged all its life in a no salt state. However, the market price will be between $10k and $20k for this example.

The second option then becomes the obvious bargain.

Comment

Working...
                                X