EBay m tech 2 body kit quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBay m tech 2 body kit quality?

Just ordered a front and rear eBay m tech 2 bumper/spoiler combo. Just wandering if anyone here has used them and can comment on the quality, look and fitment of them! Picture below!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've had to cut one up to fit it on one of my buddy's cars. Curious to see how it will treat you.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Well its Pressed fiberglass so its already starting off kinda bad. The biggest issue I see with them is that they are one piece, the bumper+valance. Vs OE is two piece's for each bumper I believe.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

From the research I have done and experience with eBay body parts in the past, I would say the outlook isn't good. Most required a decent amount of professional help to work and still don't look 100%. I think asking this question before you ordered might have been a better idea.

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

Are these the ones coming out of Latvia? I think they are a new maker.

If so, I don't think anyone has tried them yet (that I know of) - they could be perfect, or they could be crap.
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Fitment wise no cheap fiberglass "replica" bumpers will ever come close to the OE parts. There will be waves, gaps etc. Bodywork wise what you save on the parts will just be paid in labor to make the shit straight(ish) instead. Keep in mind in most cases these will have been molded off the original parts, likely a used part with its own imperfections that may have carried into the molded fiberglass part. Also when molding parts you have to use an over sized plug so that after shrinkage is taken into account the pull out reproduced part is actual size. This is rarely done in the fiberglass knockoff industry and you usually end up with parts that are marginally smaller in overall size and shape if not otherwise true to form.

Then there are all the caveats involved with physically mounting it to the car. The manner in which the OE MT2 parts mount the the car is almost exclusively though blind clips, rivets, and other catches molded into the back sides of the parts.

The fiberglass parts lack any mounting provisions of any sort, and none of the OE mounting hardware would be of any use with them.

I've never seen a fiberglass part at any price that was ready for paint right out of the box with no bodywork considerations. Even OE parts made from high end companies for Lamborghini and Ferrari I have handled that cost $20k for a single panel....
            Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

Hmmm I was having a lot of trouble finding plastic bumpers for my car, o really couldn't find them anywhere. I must be doing something wrong. And these where less than 200$ each so I'm not expecting them to be perfect, but I'm hoping it will at least fit some what correct haha. I guess we shall find out soon

Comment

And yes they come from Latvia. They are called "AIK tuning"

Comment

Originally posted by audiwark View Post
                  From the research I have done and experience with eBay body parts in the past, I would say the outlook isn't good. Most required a decent amount of professional help to work and still don't look 100%. I think asking this question before you ordered might have been a better idea.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                  1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                  Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                  1967 2002 parts car
                  1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Probably should have asked before you bought it. Everyone I have seen looks awful, you can tell from a mile away that its a eBay special.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Go OEM
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                      X