Rusty is back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blck325is View Post
    Now, there's a difference between drive and drive.
    very true.

because the car is his baby, I'm pretty sure it'll only see a track once or twice to prove to people (but mostly himself) that it has the go to match the show, and after that kind of be babied.

which I totally get. after what that car has been through and where its come, I wouldn't want to risk rolling it or some retard hitting me on the track. once or twice, sure. but regularly tracking that would be too risky for me.

who knows though, maybe he'll have a "if this car is dying its dying on the track" type of mentality and track this bitch every weekend he gets. we can only wait and see:popcorn:
    sigpic
    @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
    Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Good for Mike, he's a good guy and I think the car is pretty killer. I honestly can't see why someone would not be able to appreciate it in it's current form. I don't like everything about it, but as a total package its clearly well-done and pretty awesome

This car is so polarizing, and really drew a line in the car community between the e-thug know-it-all bro's who hate "stance", and stretched tires, and only drive their DD's on properly sized (+) ultra-performance summer tires- because that's how it's done and the e-thug know-it-all scene kids who valiantly defend Mike and his car, that aren't really into working on cars but saw a slammed whatever on instagram and maxed out their credit cards on BC Ultra-lows and a set of Rotiforms. Both sides of the line are experts on suspension and tire design so the arguments are always filled with excellent information and constructive criticism.

I think I'm somewhere in between but the conversations are funny
      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I am apparently in the minority but I have always loved the car, I have always been a fan of Mike's work, I get that somethings may not be everyones style, but the thing I cannot stand is the people all up in arms about, oh it wont ever see the track or doesnt have spark plug wires. Why are we assuming its A) done, and B) that it is a garage queen. Anybody that knows this car and knows Mike will tell you, it is a car built to drive.

Will it see the track, I would have to bet it will. His model A rip roared around the track and did El Mirage and he DD it. I would be hard pressed to say this is going to sit in a garage.

He said a build thread will eventually be put together but I cant imagine it will happen anytime soon.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
        Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

I was very pleased to see this car saved and improved and rebuilt from that terrible fire awhile back.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
            I think it's cool. Still trying to figure out what the majority of the trash upfront is.
            lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I guess my main question to everyone is when did everything in life have to serve a distinct purpose? Who cares if it doesn't make it to the track? No one here built it. I don't see why people can claim something they didn't build has to server a certain purpose.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                Did you read the specs of the engine? Sounds very possible
                Yes.

I've dabled in S38 culture for 10 years and watched a lot of people make "400/450/500hp" builds that never actually make that goal. How many 500hp NA S54's do you see? Now think of it with 3 generations older technology. Not saying it's not possible, but it is a big claim to make.
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

my eyes went straight to the grey Porsche, beautiful just beautiful..

Comment

Dont think this has been posted. I couldnt do that much in like 6 weeks.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        Dont think this has been posted. I couldnt do that much in like 6 weeks.
                        dude I was thinking the same thing when I saw that.

this car on the sema floor was truly a David vs Goliath(s) story like he said in his GT awards post.
                        sigpic
                        @joshua.j.rizo

Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

Comment

Not for me... at all.

But cool none-the-less. Full of ridiculousness like a Hot-Wheels car.
                          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                          -----------------------------------------
                          91 318is Turbo Sold
                          87 325 Daily driver Sold
                          06 4.8is X5
                          06 Mtec X3
                          05 4.4i X5 Sold
                          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                          90 325i Sold
                          97 328is Sold
                          01 323ci Sold
                          92 325i Sold
                          83 528e Totaled
                          98 328i Sold
                          93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
                            my eyes went straight to the grey Porsche, beautiful just beautiful..
                            That's John Sibals new ride, he built this monster back in the day.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Yes.

I've dabled in S38 culture for 10 years and watched a lot of people make "400/450/500hp" builds that never actually make that goal. How many 500hp NA S54's do you see? Now think of it with 3 generations older technology. Not saying it's not possible, but it is a big claim to make.
                              I guess we won't know for sure until they finish it as the engine has not even been cranked yet.

You do wonder though with some big cams, 110 octane, high flow head, dry sump, 14:1 CR and a starting point of 315 hp from the s38b36 how close they came. I think a blank check build from VAC could get to you to over 400 at the crank pretty easily. You start looking at the turbo s38 builds and you realize how good of an engine the s38 can be, but on an N/A engine like this, I guess we will find out. Either way the tube chassis and power to weight should be interesting :)

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                                Not for me... at all.

But cool none-the-less. Full of ridiculousness like a Hot-Wheels car.

holy wow. what a rare r3v breed you are. you can dislike something, but still appreciate it. please educate others on how to do so.

just to be clear lol, i'm not being sarcastic or passive aggressive.
                                sigpic
                                @joshua.j.rizo

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

Comment

Working...
                                X