Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When all else fails, keep building the e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you do sell it, make sure it's for something ELSE that you enjoy more than your e30.

or else you'll go crazy.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Right. That's a good idea. I'm going to sell my e30 for a 911 turbo S. Do you think I can get cash my side?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        Right. That's a good idea. I'm going to sell my e30 for a 911 turbo S. Do you think I can get cash my side?
        Totally. This is R3v where ppl spend 25g's on a 318is.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Reviving this thread instead of making a new one.

Been out of the e30 game for a year now. Finished my green e30. Was lots of fun. Autocrossed it. Street raced it, got in trouble with it. Before I left for the Navy I ended up selling it, for really cheap. I thought it was time to start over and move on to different things. I then bought a 1988 Toyota 4 runner and then a 1971 Pontiac lemans. I thought I'd like the LeMans a lot but even after lots of time and money put into it, I just didn't love it like I lived my e30s before it. I came to the realization that E30s are the only car for me. So I sold the LeMans and bought a 1990 325i auto sedan for $400. I gotta say. This $400 e30 is 10x the car that my LeMans was. I've been bit by the e30 bug again and I think I'm back to stay. I really bought the LeMans for appearance purposes, pretty much to just get attention. I bought the e30 for my own enjoyment. I learned a lesson in that you should always, above else, buy a car for YOUR personal enjoyment, not to gain the attention of others.

I'm loving my new e30 and now I'm looking for an immaculate early model 318i to build a V8 powered euro clone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by totheredline; 04-19-2017, 08:19 PM.
          = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

First pics are of my fully built 1988 325i with Cammed m30 power. Had full suspension, bracing, manual windows Z4 manual rack, and abs delete.

Then my 1988 Toyota 4 runner. Really great truck. I love old Toyota's. This one is lifted with 22re turbo power. I plan on always owning a Toyota truck for hauling parts and camping adventures.

My 71 Pontiac LeMans. Really nice, clean car with a Pontiac 400 and turbo 350 automatic. Cool car, girls loved it, but it was NO fun to drive. Even after full tubular suspension, it handled like shit, and the automatic sucked.

. Test drove other cars after I sold the LeMans and just couldn't find one I connected with as much as an e30. Decided I loved American v8s but I don't like American cars. Even new ones...
            Now an e30 with an American v8, I could definitely​ get into.

And last but no least, my awesome, rust free 1990 325i auto sedan. This will be my 6th e30 not counting parts cars. Freakin love this car!!! Has a factory 4:10 LSD too! No plans for this one besides t-belt/water pump, fluid flush other preventive maintenance and minor cosmetic things. The suspension is really tight and it also has a brand new exhaust. Even stock with an auto it's wayyyyyyyyyyy more fun than the lemans.

It's official. The BMW E30 is the best car ever made, in my mind at least. Glad to be back in the r3vlimited community.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Working...
            X