hit & run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit & run

Went out for some delicious Cơm tấm & pork today at my favorite vietnamese restaurant and came out to this:

Someone saw the hit and run and left a note with the license plate number, but didn't leave their contact info. I called the police and they said they couldn't do much without the eye witness, but said they would do a house call (where the car is registered) and let me know.

Anyone ever deal with this? Pretty sure my insurance will pay out and hike up my rates if I don't get the other person's insurance info/confession.

fuuuuuuuuuu /rant. Its a 335d if anyone is wondering.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

I don't think it's a hit and run o just don't think the culprit was smart enough to leave enough information....hopefully when you find the owner of th license plate they clear everything up

That or you are fucked

Still a nice car btw
    Last edited by Dirty325ix; 12-15-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
      I don't think it's a hit and run o just don't think the culprit was smart enough to leave enough information....hopefully when you find the owner of th license plate they clear everything up

That or your fucked
      someone else left the lic. plate number of the car
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post

That or your fucked
        *You're

Sucks about the car. I hope that the police can help you out.

Maybe they'll even shoot him for you.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

Went through a similar situation with my Audi.

I was in the store for 5 damn minutes. Luckily the car was parked in the space across, and had plenty of paint transfer. Little old lady did it, didn't argue or anything and all was well.

I feel your pain though, its a terrible feeling to come out to that. I hope the person acknowledges the accident, which will also open them up to charges. If no info is left, it's a hit and run.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Hope you kept the license plate number as well, I'd find out who it was and knock on some doors personally . Especially if you show up in your car .

This is my worst nightmare . I leave my dashcam on when I park outside stores .
            1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
            1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
            1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
            1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

We had someone back into my wife's company car a couple weeks ago. of course they took off with no note. we called the cops. they wrote a report, we turned it in to the insurance company. it was covered under our comprehensive insurance. we are stuck for the deductible of 500 bucks. sucks big dick, i cannot lie.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                We had someone back into my wife's company car a couple weeks ago. of course they took off with no note. we called the cops. they wrote a report, we turned it in to the insurance company. it was covered under our comprehensive insurance. we are stuck for the deductible of 500 bucks. sucks big dick, i cannot lie.
                oh that's pretty awesome. I'll have to check if it's covered under mine
                Build Threads:

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people. I'm surprised the cops couldn't do more. There were no cameras on the lot?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                    What the hell is wrong with people. I'm surprised the cops couldn't do more. There were no cameras on the lot?
                    one store had one facing close to the same direction but my car was out of sight
                    Build Threads:

Comment

Maybe they didn't notice they hit you, or thought it didn't do any damage if they did notice. Hopefully when the cops come knocking they will take responsibility for it.

Comment

I didn't expect the good semaritan leaving a note

Well since it is a hit and run maybe just hand the license plate # over to r3v and we send the culprit pizzas until the die of high cholesterol

Comment

Smart money is that it was a woman driving an SUV. And on her phone.

Sucks. I hate seeing that whenever it happens.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I've been looking for a Montego Blue e90 335D M-sport for months now.... Since yours is clearly totaled, you should sell it to me for $3k :)

Comment

Had a similar thing happen. Commercial blow driver not a city thought it would be funny to drop hi s blade going 45 into the snow as I drove past. I got a wall of slush and snow to the front of the truck. Took out the hood and windshield and the guy was able to drive off cause well I was stuck and couldn't see shit. $500 deductible truck was fixed and no rate hiking ensued I think being a "hit and run" kinda helps. BTW this was a 2009 f150 happened in like 2012-13.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                              X