• Time
  • Show
Clear All

:)

That is good to know for my 85 323i:)
    jm

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
      Just found out today from my local BMW dealer that I can order European parts for my euro E30 from any dealer in the US. The only thing is that I need documents proving my car was imported to the US legally and I need to fill out forms for the parts that I need and why. This is interesting because I've been told many times that this is not possible by many dealers. The guy in the parts department told me that he worked for a company back then in 85 that imported E30's and everything he described that had to be done to certified them I had in my car. This is great cause now I know I don't have to go nuts trying to find parts.

Well yea thats been the deal
      Since they brought the ban in. Thats how I've bought all my parts from blunt.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

I usually get my parts when I go to Europe or from my brother in law overseas. Only thing I have to be dependent on his time table.
        sigpic
        323i MTEC1
        Z3 coupe
        E60 M5

Comment

Just found out today from my local BMW dealer that I can order European parts for my euro E30 from any dealer in the US. The only thing is that I need documents proving my car was imported to the US legally and I need to fill out forms for the parts that I need and why. This is interesting because I've been told many times that this is not possible by many dealers. The guy in the parts department told me that he worked for a company back then in 85 that imported E30's and everything he described that had to be done to certified them I had in my car. This is great cause now I know I don't have to go nuts trying to find parts.
          I just found this out as well through BMW of Morristown. They had part #51111959740 in stock and I bought it, but I can't buy the other side (51111959739) because I don't have a Euro car. If you ever make an order, I would love for you to order this part for me.

Mr. Wolfe
          sigpic

Comment

:)

Can that part be ordered through ECS Tuning ??? They have it listed. I don't think you need a euro vin to order from them?
            jm

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
              I just found this out as well through BMW of Morristown. They had part #51111959740 in stock and I bought it, but I can't buy the other side (51111959739) because I don't have a Euro car. If you ever make an order, I would love for you to order this part for me.

Mr. Wolfe

Very nice find. Those parts are NLA and not many have them since they so easily lost. Honestly they are just just flat pieces of plastic that can be made very easily, but I understand the plus factor of saying yes it's complete original.
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

Very nice find. Those parts are NLA and not many have them since they so easily lost. Honestly they are just just flat pieces of plastic that can be made very easily, but I understand the plus factor of saying yes it's complete original.
                Those parts are Euro only. If I have a VIN he can order them for me he said. I actually have the right side one. It is a flat piece in the illustrations, but it's actually a 3D piece. The one side bends up at 90˚.

With that being said, I am going to try to source a piece of plastic off of something that has a bend and I will use this one as a template. I am then going to return this piece because having 1 side does me little good. Plus, it would be nice to get that $107 back. :)

Mr. Wolfe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                  Can that part be ordered through ECS Tuning ??? They have it listed. I don't think you need a euro vin to order from them?
                  jm
                  Not sure, but I have ordered some parts from ECS and then got a message that it was NLA or Euro only so not everything is up to date. It does say ships in 5 days so i am curious. Though I really am going to use this one as a template and make new ones. It is absolutely ridiculous to pay over $100 for this piece of plastic.

Mr. Wolfe
                  sigpic

Comment

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

I have both of them . if you want me to make templates let me know and I will do my best. I'm thinking maybe when I go overseas next year- I will just order bunch of euro parts and ship them back in a small crate for resale. Not looking to get rich but I'm sure many can use these hard to get parts.
                    sigpic
                    323i MTEC1
                    Z3 coupe
                    E60 M5

Comment

Basically just bumping this thread to see if we can get some more action. Anymore pics from anyone? I just ordered some coilovers.

Old city bimmer, are your plastic pieces flat like the illustration or have a 90˚ in them like mine has? Can you show me a picture? Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
                      sigpic

Comment

sorry i've been away for a bit. Love the project Mr Wolfe!

re ordering euro BMW parts from the US, yes you need proof of ownership of a car with a euro vin now (e.g. grey market car). here's the official policy from BMW NA
                        BMW EURO PART DOCUMENTS by bradn, on Flickr
                        Note though:
                        1) even if you order everything correctly and it gets approved by BMW NA, you may still get the wrong part.
                        2) you will be limited by BMW only to the part quantities needed for that car.

Yes any dealer can place euro orders, but there's still alot of hand holding required. I've received the best euro part ordering support from Blunt. BMW Morristown has also ordered some euro parts for me successfully including the headlamp washer nozzles.

As near as I can tell there is no legit way to order a 772 euro valance from BMW NA and get the right part shipped to you. There are 2 examples earlier in this thread (including me) of a new 771 diving board valance being shipped by BMW with the wrong 772 part number label on it. Blunt went through BMW channels to get things corrected but after several weeks was told that nothing could be done. I have a repro mounted on my car so I'm good for now. But I'm now looking into having the OEM part bought in Europe and shipped to me.

So bottom line, do your research and work with someone you trust - even if you have to pay a little more you will save yourself alot of pain.
                        Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 11:19 AM.
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I have everything I need for my vert mtech1 retrofit now including repro vert side skirts. I've also finally received all my mtech1 mounting hardware stickers, tape etc. from BMW. I'll update this post with pics of everything once I get a chance.

2 parts I could not get from BMW
                          - one of the mtech1 lower plastic brace panels (will just cut a mirror image part out of plastic)
                          - one of the mtech1 front side trim panels for the bumper.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Was organizing some stuff and I came across these Mtec specific brake ducts. I also have the plastic plate fillers that go on the front apron. Parts 3-4 on the diagram
                            Once I get to that stage I will be putting them on.

I have a set of those ducts as well, and one of the 2 plastic panels which is still available. the other is out of stock no ETA from BMW Germany.

Yes Mr Wolfe the lower panels are flat. Mine look different than the drawing though, so they may be mislabeled by BMW. I've searched for pics of those parts on the web and the ones I found looked exactly like the drawing.

Will update my prior post with pics after I get home.

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Hmmm, what the heck did I get??

Mr. Wolfe
                              sigpic

Comment

Ahh that's the same part I received. Must be a redesign, or it's the wrong part :-(. Need to try and see

If you go back earlier in the thread I posted all the realoem diagrams and pics of as many parts I could find, including the lower panels. They don't look like that

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X