No announcement yet.

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys work got me swamped. That's interesting on those lower panels as I was told NLA on both. However I do have both originals panels and yes both have a 90 degree bend on the ends. So I don't know if the retrofit kits had different parts. My kit actually came from a real Mtec1 that was rusted beyond saving so it was parted out.

As far ordering euro parts through my dealer I would probably reserve it for parts I know they can't screw up. Smaller items I would go through other channels that have a much better return policy.
    I will post my lower panels and the clips for the side skirts that go under the fender wells. I have 3 of the 4 needed.
    sigpic
    323i MTEC1
    Z3 coupe
    E60 M5

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. At this point, I am thinking about making a template and returning this one. I am assuming the other side is a mirror image of this one?

If someone wants this piece before I send it back, let me know as you can buy it from me, but it is pricey. I think it used to be like $26 and now it is $107. Insane.

Mr. Wolfe
      sigpic

Comment

that lower panel with the bend in it is correct. pics coming
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I believe that these slash guard are there to give protection to the fog lights and support to the bottom of the front apron.
          sigpic
          323i MTEC1
          Z3 coupe
          E60 M5

Comment

Here's the original front panel lower reinforcement. It has 2 rows of holes, one row for the front apron and the 2nd row for the metal valance. Seems to me that would keep the shape of the front spoiler intact, but it would also transfer shock from low impact to the front spoiler to the metal panel..

the new lower panel that Mr Wolfe and I received doesn't have the 2nd row of holes for the metal valance. I assume it just tucks in to the engine belly pan/lower cover now. if the spoiler hits something the whole thing just slides now instead of damaging the valance.

here are a couple of pics of the right hand side lower panel, front spoiler and mt1 brake duct.

top view of the mt1 brake ducts with part numbers (NLA)

other mt1 hardware I received

mounting brackets

fasteners

clamps

stickers

seal

tow hook extenders
            Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 11:30 AM.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Thanks for the pics! So does this newer one that I have replace that 2D piece? I wonder if the left side is a mirror image of it? I just feel like I should make the other side and return this one. $107 is stupid for a small piece of plastic - BMW or not.

Mr. Wolfe
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah the price is BS. I'm personally ok paying that total for both pieces though.

I suspect the driver side is almost the same. Only diff in the brake scoops is the temp sensor hole. So a good start would be to cut a PETE or ABS plastic sheet to shape and then bend the one vertical part the opposite way using a flat edge and a heat gun.

There are so few MT1s out there... Surprised any of these parts are still around at all

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Nice collection of parts Bradnic.

Mr. Wolfe - I would return it. It's just an overpriced piece of plastic that you can make yourself. Besides it's under the car and no one sees it.

On a side note - I hope we all meet one day and have one serious photo shoot.
                  sigpic
                  323i MTEC1
                  Z3 coupe
                  E60 M5

Comment

They are the same mirror image of each other.

sigpic
                    323i MTEC1
                    Z3 coupe
                    E60 M5

Comment

Ooh cool thanks for posting that

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

They are just a little out of shape from storage but figure it will give you an idea of what the other side looked like. I can take some measurements if you guys want to make your own.
                        sigpic
                        323i MTEC1
                        Z3 coupe
                        E60 M5

Comment

OCB, awesome pics, thanks!! That is exactly what I needed to know.

I am going to return mine, but make a template first.

Mr. Wolfe
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                            They are just a little out of shape from storage but figure it will give you an idea of what the other side looked like. I can take some measurements if you guys want to make your own.
                            I've been hoarding MTech gear for the past six months. The body kit from a Dublin, euro bumpers from DC and ordered some hardware including a 772 valance (the wrong one will probably come in) from my local dealer under the grey market option. But some unexpected engine work will take the rest of my funds.

Could you draw them on a piece of cardboard or thick paper and mail them to me?

Thx
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bump for our thread. Still waiting on my headliner.
                              Last edited by Old city bimmer; 07-05-2016, 12:52 PM.
                              sigpic
                              323i MTEC1
                              Z3 coupe
                              E60 M5

Comment

My 87 325IS MTECH 1 . Really need a mtech1 spoiler. I have the matching side skirts. Anyone know a guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X