Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well

Well, I should have said I need to take the hounds tooth out of one car, but can't do that until I find all the parts to put back in that car:).
    So right now I just have a very nice tan interior.
    jm

Comment

Just got my rear mounted up. Attacking the front! I have a US front metal panel and a euro panel brand new i can install. So do i NEED the euro metal valence underneath in the front? Is there a specific euro one for mt1 only? As opposed to euro bumper non mt1 cars...?

Originally posted by blunt
      i called my 17 yo paperboy "sugartits" in a christmas card 3 years ago. he never came back and im not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi View Post
        Just got my rear mounted up.
        Approved :-) love the license plate

Attacking the front! I have a US front metal panel and a euro panel brand new i can install. So do i NEED the euro metal valence underneath in the front? Is there a specific euro one for mt1 only? As opposed to euro bumper non mt1 cars...?
        You either need the eurovalance (770 or 772) or you need to chop up the US one so that the fogs will clear. HOW THE HECK did you get a new metal eurovalance in the US??? It took me 2 years to find one.

I have a boatload more info on my vert build thread, end 1st page. It has alot of links to older, authoritative e30 threads.

PM if you want more specific assistance so we don't pollute things here.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

us valance

The us valance in the front is not that had to modify. You need a good metal cutter:), but the rest fits just fine. Of course if you have a lip at the bottom it has to come off.
          Cut those fog light sections out and you are set.
          Use the front valance with the fog lights removed so you can see what needs to be removed. Just cut a little extra metal out and the fogs will fit fine.
          jm

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            Approved :-) love the license plate

You either need the eurovalance (770 or 772) or you need to chop up the US one so that the fogs will clear. HOW THE HECK did you get a new metal eurovalance in the US??? It took me 2 years to find one.

I have a boatload more info on my vert build thread, end 1st page. It has alot of links to older, authoritative e30 threads.

PM if you want more specific assistance so we don't pollute things here.
            I have a brand new 772 from the dealer. My shop foreman ordered it 5 years ago when he owned my car and it happened to come in just before i quit!

Should i use, or hack my US valence and sell this sheet of OE gold?
            i called my 17 yo paperboy "sugartits" in a christmas card 3 years ago. he never came back and im not joking.

Comment

that is worth some cash

Well, if the rest of the car is usa, and not a 323i, then I would just hack up the us valance and make some serious money on the euro valance:)
              jm

Comment

That valance doesn't look right. The part number is for a eurovalance, but the open upper ends aren't supposed to be there
                Look more like a 771 DB valance.

the 227 valance is the plastic bumper version. there's an 84-85 2 piece valance as well, came on the first euros and early grey market cars like the one kronus has. they also use different plastic lips / spoilers than the one piece valances. MT1 works with both eras, but as mentioned the 227 plastic bumper valance needs to be cut to work with an MT1 front.

this is the 41331961227 plastic bumper valance. used worldwide. there's also a version outside of US without the oil cooler ducts. the fog/brake duct holes are low which makes this fairly simple to modify for an MT1. If you do that you of course need to replace the metal valance if you ever remove the MT1 setup. not a big deal to source though since they're used on all plastic bumper E30s.

all of the pics below are 1 piece 'diving board era' valances.

here's a DB valance with eurobumpers - haven't painted my 772 yet. If you want to run euro bumpers with a DB valance, there's metal right where you don't want it, and no metal where you do :-)

here's a 41331933771 diving board valance - same one in your 2nd pic above

here's a 770 eurovalance (no oil cooler / ac ducts)

770 valance mounted on e30rapidic's vert (he has an alpina spoiler now - I assume he cut the vent holes in to his 770 part).

and here's a 772 eurovalance

and Southernboy's alpina C2 B7 with a 772
                Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 10:24 AM.

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

@chachi can you post up a pic of what you have in front of your car now? If it's an unmodified US car it's probably a 771 - you have early model rear..

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

chachi, do you have a project thread? that looks sick.

also, that's a USDM valence, sorry. but you don't need one behind the mtech! as long as you have a top piece for under the grills and above the bumper.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Only shot i have of the current state of the front

So either the wrong front valence was ordered or the wrong sticker/part? My old foreman and previous owner has worked at the dealer many years and was purchasing the euro front valence to run with a lip. If it were usdm why would it take 5 years to arrive?

Im pretty confused as it does look similar to the on under my diving boards

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        chachi, do you have a project thread? that looks sick.

also, that's a USDM valence, sorry. but you don't need one behind the mtech! as long as you have a top piece for under the grills and above the bumper.
                        No build thread man. And yeah i have no problem cutting the one on the car up. But want to get the story on the new valence. I also have a plastic bumper new metal valence, but that is pending sale (from my late model ACS lip/apron sale)

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                          Regular Early euro cars come with hounds tooth. Mine came with blue houndstooth(323i) but it's long gone.
                          I plan On going different direction with Mtec1 M3 material. I have the material already.

JM - your car is looking good. Mine is heading to the paint shop in two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          thanks, I had a lead on the blue hounds tooth, but it sort of disappeared off of CL:(
                          I need to get my side skirts on!
                          jm

Comment

No build thread man. And yeah i have no problem cutting the one on the car up. But want to get the story on the new valence. I also have a plastic bumper new metal valence, but that is pending sale (from my late model ACS lip/apron sale)
                            As kronus said. You can mount an MT1 front without the metal valance. I'm a complete OCD nut job and won't do it myself. You cut off the top strip of the valance and leave it in place so that its visible above the bumper and the cross car harness has something to mount to.

You'll have to figure something out below the car for the duct work

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

side skirts

Anyone have detailed pictures on how to put the side skirts on a usa early model? 1987 325?
                              thanks,
                              jm

Comment

the BMW instructions are posted up earlier in the thread..

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                                X