Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
    Oh man, no, I have not placed an order for them yet. Maybe the ECS 25 pack is our only option? I have a connection at BMW of Morristown. Let me shoot him an email.
    I didn't order any side skirt stuff, so they're not on that list. I'm hoping it's just a blocked from US thing, which is just pathetic. Screws all the most loyal BMW fans in the US royally, for what I suspect is highly questionable gain. We should be lobbying BMW to overturn the policy - maybe through BMWCCA?
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      The ECS chrome bits are made by Polcar and are very good quality - better than my OEM rechromed bumpers, which were sandblasted. The rechrome job was beyond pathetic and crazy expensive. Rest of the kit was all OEM BMW bits.

I actually bought an ECS front bumper kit to get all the parts and be backup for my OEM ones. glad I did it. I'm putting the front Polcar on and using repro rears that were made in Italy.
      Wow, that is great to hear. I am doing a full color change, engine swap, etc. There are some things that I want new such as the bumpers.

Mr. Wolfe
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        I didn't order any side skirt stuff, so they're not on that list. I'm hoping it's just a blocked from US thing, which is just pathetic. Screws all the most loyal BMW fans in the US royally, for what I suspect is highly questionable gain. We should be lobbying BMW to overturn the policy - maybe through BMWCCA?
        Yeah, I noticed after I posted that you didn't have those in your cart. I did shoot out an email about them. I will reply here with the info, but I am guessing they are attainable.

Yes, BMW can be quite annoying at times.

Mr. Wolfe
        sigpic

Comment

Okay, confirmed, those clips are easy to get.

Would love some opinions on this next bit. I am actually considering buying a replica spoiler because I think I want to body match the entire piece. I think the original has a section of black rubber. Has anyone done this?

Mr. Wolfe
          sigpic

Comment

I'm considering the same thing since the spoiler is so rare. Personally I love the rubber part, body color for the plastic.

There's a couple of listings from eastern europe. I think one is a flex plastic version.

would love to hear from someone with a repro spoiler.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

clamps

Yes, I found someone at the dealer that knows how to order euro parts:). The clamps can be bought, but he said there are only about 15 on the East Coast....well 8 less now:).
              That rear m-tech spoiler looks pretty good for the price. They seem to be going for about 350. and up now. If you have a clone m-tech who cares if you have a real spoiler:)...
              jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                Yes, I found someone at the dealer that knows how to order euro parts:). The clamps can be bought, but he said there are only about 15 on the East Coast....well 8 less now:).
                That rear m-tech spoiler looks pretty good for the price. They seem to be going for about 350. and up now. If you have a clone m-tech who cares if you have a real spoiler:)...
                jm
                Are you saying you have a rep MTech 1 kit?

Mr. Wolfe
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
                  Are you saying you have a rep MTech 1 kit?

Mr. Wolfe
                  No my kit is a real one except I got the e28 rear spoiler because at the time the real ones were way too expensive and the kits I was looking at did not include them. The e28 one works well, just realize the holes on the rear deck lid are not going to line up at all.:)
                  jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                    No my kit is a real one except I got the e28 rear spoiler because at the time the real ones were way too expensive and the kits I was looking at did not include them. The e28 one works well, just realize the holes on the rear deck lid are not going to line up at all.:)
                    jm
                    Gotcha. My plan is authentic MTech kit and aftermarket spoiler as I mentioned, I don't think I like the black rubber with my color combo.

Mr. Wolfe
                    sigpic

Comment

Not affiliated: MT1 side skirts for sale, with mounting kit..

Says he's taking offers

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Getting ready for my paint job and Test fit my side skirts.

Also picked these up.
                        sigpic
                        323i MTEC1
                        Z3 coupe
                        E60 M5

Comment

I am curious ,does anyone know who was the first company to come out with side skirts that had the flaring at both ends?My 86 ES has what seem to be original BBS skirts that are dated 85-86 ,the car is original with the addition of only white painted mirrors which are also period items ,the car is one owner and low mile .

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                            Getting ready for my paint job and Test fit my side skirts.

Also picked these up.
                            How are you keeping the side skirt in position while you test fit it? Looks like you have it taped up under the door??
                            Also, are you using the little white plugs and the green holders?
                            thanks,
                            jm

Comment

Do we have an MTech 1 Thread?

Lol- yes I'm using painters tape. They are a tight fit so the rest is being held by the wheel arches. Oh and yes I have all the white plugs with the green holders. There are some on the floor. I was checking on the fit cause I had them in my shed for about six months.
                              I saw you guys talking about a mtec1 rear trunk spoiler. I have a spare one actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              sigpic
                              323i MTEC1
                              Z3 coupe
                              E60 M5

Comment

It's crazy how those side skirts have grown on me. If I am being honest, I liked the ones that did not turn up on the ends at first. Now I absolutely love those ones.

In other awesome news, my Euros shipped last night and are OUT FOR DELIVERY today. Got to love ECS Tuning.

Mr. Wolfe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X