Previous owners: @#$%^&

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dave_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    Cleaned up the edges with an air grinder and it was good to go.
    Yeah, same here. I'm all better now since I got that rant out of my system.

    I'm sure that I've been that P.O. at times myself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    I did that the first time I swapped front halfshafts on my first ix 6 or 7 years ago. I pounded the strut back on the halfshafts with a hand sledge to the hub. Learned my lesson trying to put my wheels on a few minutes later, haha.

    Cleaned up the edges with an air grinder and it was good to go.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    How do you even do that? Banging on the hub with a hammer to "press" it into a new wheel bearing maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dave_G
    started a topic Previous owners: @#$%^&

    Previous owners: @#$%^&

    I love my E30s, and I never buy new cars, but good grief, previous owners are going to drive me bonkers. Today I went to swap the snow tires off my new-to-me iX, and I discovered that some knuckle-dragger who worked on the front hubs last had mushroomed the end of one of the front hubs so my basketweave wouldn't fit over it. :curse: The previous wheels had plastic centering rings that stretched enough to fit, but the only way my basketweave was going on there was by bringing out the angle grinder and grinding down the mushroomed hub. So a simple wheel swap turning into a profanity-laden garage session. The previous owner is hundreds of miles away, but I like to think he heard me.
Working...