Loving this gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving this gun...

Finally found the correct blaster/media and the alu parts turn out nicely.

:)

Before ITB's

After

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Looks great, but after all that you're not going to share the tools/media you used?!?

Comment

Sure, it's a cheap plastic cabinet (modified by me) using 100PSI with glass bead media :)

I used soda baking at first, but two problems:

a) Makes a ton of dust, even with a dust collector connected in the cabbinet is difficult to see

b) The finish is dull, matte compared to the glass bead which leave the aluminum more natural finish and shinear.

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I came here expecting the lead launching type gun...

THose parts look good! I need to get a blaster setup
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Looks like a similar finish to vapor blasting, but doesn't quite have the luster.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I tried in a spot with more time blasting that parts and resulted in a more "luster" finish or shinear, but wet blasting should be the ultimate resource for this goal. But that won't happen, it's expensive equipment.

The shineast it can get...w/o going crazy over blasting in the same area for long time.

Last edited by diegom6; 04-22-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X