low/high mileage for e30? help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low/high mileage for e30? help!!

I have seen e30's ranging up to 350k miles. What is a good mileage to look for? I've read that at 100k-150k there is the "black hole" of money that consists of changing the steering rack, control arms, Driveshaft, brakes, and clutch, and a couple more things. someone was asking for 7.7k for 225k miles. What's a good mileage and price combo for a reliable driving e30?

another repost. searching is good.

to answer your question, most e30s have broken odometers anyway. don't worry about the miles. find the nicest car at the best price that you can and buy it.

a 100k car with shitty maintenance is shit. a 300k car with a responsible owner would be better and probably cost less.

what is your price range? if you are planning to pay less than 3k, you are going to have to throw money into it anyway.

these threads you keep posting don't have a lot of value. i'm not trying to discourage you, but just keep in mind that this forum has been around for well over 10 yrs. anything you can think of has probably already been asked 50 or 60 times.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^ /Thread
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
        ^ /Thread
        Just start searching and reading. There's lots to learn, but that's part of the fun. Enjoy.
        Last edited by george graves; 05-18-2016, 11:15 PM.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          another repost. searching is good.

to answer your question, most e30s have broken odometers anyway. don't worry about the miles. find the nicest car at the best price that you can and buy it.

a 100k car with shitty maintenance is shit. a 300k car with a responsible owner would be better and probably cost less.

what is your price range? if you are planning to pay less than 3k, you are going to have to throw money into it anyway.

these threads you keep posting don't have a lot of value. i'm not trying to discourage you, but just keep in mind that this forum has been around for well over 10 yrs. anything you can think of has probably already been asked 50 or 60 times.
          Exactly.

Mine has over 439K km (272K miles) on it and has been daily driven for the 3.5 years. I can show you receipts for pretty much the entire service history I have put into it and even history from the PO.

Like anything else mechanical, maintenance is everything. When you're looking at an E30, don't get dazzled by things that look good... you have to go deeper... these are cars that are over 23 years old at the youngest. Consider maintenance and general condition.
          Estoguy
          1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Its a 30 year old car, with 30 year old rubber, plastics, gaskets and aluminium oxidation. Like any other 30 year old car, expect to be changing out/rebuilding everything eventually.
            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
              Its a 30 year old car, with 30 year old rubber, plastics, gaskets and aluminium oxidation. Like any other 30 year old car, expect to be changing out/rebuilding everything eventually.
              X2 it can have 40,000 miles or 400,000 miles if it hasnt been replaced its going to fail from age anyways
              1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
              2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
              2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Working...
              X