New here with 99 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here with 99 problems

So I recently purchased my first bmw. It's an 86 325e with a m20b25 swapped into it. I got it as a project car but this thing has more problems than I know what to do with.

I have fixed multiple things via searching forums but I can't find the answers to a couple of these issues.

Firstly, fuses 21-27 draw power after the car is turned off, leading to a dead battery after a couple of hours.

The tach and mpg guage do not work at all.

I have a washer fluid, coolant, and and engine oil light over my mirror.

The OBC does not seem to be functioning properly.

And lastly, a rough idle (which I feel is due to the IAC)

If anyone has any input or links regarding this then please let me know. I heard that I may need to rewire something going into the 2.5 ecu for the tach but I could not find any info on what I actually need to do. I will post pictures of the issues soon.

Thanks

bump

If I posted this in the wrong area or something then could the mods please move it.

Comment

will help you with fuses 21-27...

and maybe with some of the other. The tach wire, in particular, is different in how
      it gets from the ECU to the body depending on year...

hth to get you started.
      t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Are you having any problems with the bitch clip on the shifter?

Comment

clean the icv with carb cleaner. what icv is it the one with an adjuster screw or the later model one without ?
          i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Is it possible OP that you have the wrong harness? Is there some variation in the early/late model harness and between b27/b25 models?

You might do a little research on that as well.
            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I will clean up the icv when I get a chance. As for the shifter, when I got it it had a random shift knob on it. It does not have anything stopping it from going straight from drive into reverse, but I'm not too worried about that happening.

It is very possible that it is the wrong harness and he was planning on chopping it up to make everything line up, but I will just have to look it up as you said

Comment

Working...
              X