No announcement yet.

1991 320I convertible Euro Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a fairly average condition E30 to me. 320ic isn't very desirable, and "nothing notable" rust sounds like it's got rust to me (it's a yes or no question, is it not?).

I'm sure you're going to try and list it for $18k or something, but I don't think the initial guesses are too far off.

Honest question: how accurate do you think an appraisal could possibly be without even a single picture of the car? Even the cheapest phones come with a decent camera these days.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

can you please post pics. the 320I is an awesome car. can't help on value but I could see it being worth allot considering the stupid prices e30s are going for. 10 to 20k.

Comment

I aint no kid baby

Comment

Originally posted by whoooopy View Post
          Kids!
          Crotchety old person!

More Kids!
          Rabid AARP member!

Any rust? nothing notable solid floors and trunk - Really dig, cars in continental Europe always hide some rust, not sure about Sicily (if that is the country of origin, and not just departure).

Mileage? 157,000 Kilometers - That's not too bad, but does speak to it being in regular use, which will not help the value.

Transmission? 5 speed - Good +$500 at least.

Factory options? power windows? - Standard on convertibles. Run the VIN and report back with equipment.

All stock? except for single CD head unit - Bleh, every touring I've brought over had a crappy radio. Stock will probably add value these days.

Paint color? Red with gray and black cloth interior. Two dash cracks - Grey and black stripe? Dash -$500.

Everything works 100%? as far as i can tell - You really need to inspect every component to give a buyer more confidence than "AFAIK."

It doesn't matter if it came from Europe, there are a ton of verts here and they aren't highly sought after.
          No A/C (my presumption) and the smaller M20B20 will both hurt value substantially stateside. You likely have a car that might bring a $1000 premium over a US specification convertible, but the VIN will tell us more.

Now, it wasn't so hard to provide that very basic information, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Crotchety old person!

Rabid AARP member!

No A/C (my presumption) and the smaller M20B20 will both hurt value substantially stateside. You likely have a car that might bring a $1000 premium over a US specification convertible, but the VIN will tell us more.

Now, it wasn't so hard to provide that very basic information, was it?
            I have a feeling this is the e30 with the detuned s14 motor and and dogleg transmission. But I could be mistake

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 325isdan View Post
                can you please post pics. the 320I is an awesome car. can't help on value but I could see it being worth allot considering the stupid prices e30s are going for. 10 to 20k.
                I don't think they made that in a convertible. I thought it was only sold as the 320is? Definitely a cool car.

This is likely the 2.0 M20. But then again, the OP couldn't be bothered to post a single picture of the car he wants a free valuation of, and then gets pissed off when the replies are not so nice. How would we possibly know?
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I don't think they made that in a convertible. I thought it was only sold as the 320is? Definitely a cool car.

This is likely the 2.0 M20. But then again, the OP couldn't be bothered to post a single picture of the car he wants a free valuation of, and then gets pissed off when the replies are not so nice. How would we possibly know?
                  I agree.

Comment

What part of Canada are you in Dan?
                    I'd like to ship my e30 there and sell it for this quoted price ;D

Don't worry, I'll make sure to give you a healthy commission :D
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Euro 320I convertible

I have a feeling this is the e30 with the detuned s14 motor and and dogleg transmission. But I could be mistake
                      No, it has the ittybitty 6 cylinder engine and no A/C. If it had an S14 in it, I wouldn't consider the purchase. Had enough of that with the S38 B35. Young lady who shipped the car from Sicily has owned it for three years. She is asking 3K for it and I'm quite certain that the car is worth every penny. Thanks all for your input. I'll buy it at 3K although I have no clue as to what its worth.
                      Last edited by whoooopy; 08-15-2016, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Euro 320I convertible

Originally posted by nando View Post

You are correct in that it is the 2.0 litter six. It is not an IS or IC but rather a plain 'ole I Oh, and the top is in excellent condition. I didn't take a camera with me when I looked at the car. You probably should not have assumed that I am trying to sell it.

Comment

I'll buy it at 3K although I have no clue as to what its worth.
                          You just answered the question yourself, $3k. You might be able to get up to $4500 depending on condition but that's about what you're going to get for it as it doesn't have the larger engine or A/C.

Comment

91 is a funky year with the face-lift in 10/90. Is it a plastic bumper car or a small chrome bumper car, or is it a small bumper car changed over to diving boards for DOT regulations?

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Euro 320I convertible

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                              91 is a funky year with the face-lift in 10/90. Is it a plastic bumper car or a small chrome bumper car, or is it a small bumper car changed over to diving boards for DOT regulations?
                              Small chrome

Comment

No, it has the ittybitty 6 cylinder engine and no A/C. If it had an S14 in it, I wouldn't consider the purchase. Had enough of that with the S38 B35. Young lady who shipped the car from Sicily has owned it for three years. She is asking 3K for it and I'm quite certain that the car is worth every penny. Thanks all for your input. I'll buy it at 3K although I have no clue as to what its worth.
                                Do you type with your butt b/c you sound hurt

Sincerely,
                                Kid 2

Comment

Working...
                                X