[Non-E30 Content] Thinking about purchasing a 300TD as a Daily Driver in New England

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kershaw
    replied
    Do it. Everything has to die some day. Using that car as a DD would be awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • [Non-E30 Content] Thinking about purchasing a 300TD as a Daily Driver in New England

    so I dont post much on this forum and haven't had an E30 since 2011 but it seems like this forum is still pretty active which is great.

    Anyway I know there are a handful of you on this forum that are familiar with 300td's and Ive been thinking about picking one up as a daily driver.

    My budget is around 6k.

    I found this one and while I've been doing a bit of research myself, I still wanted R3v's opinion on it so tell me what you think about this lil tank below.

    - 1982 Mercedes 300TD Turbo
    - $6400 obo
    - 140k miles
    - odometer is in working condition.
    - automatic (since all 300td's after 1981 came automatic unfortunately, 240d 4/5 speed swap maybe?)
    - owner claims it has no rust at all
    - lower portion of the car was repainted a couple of years ago and upper portion is original paint.
    - Self leveling suspension has no leaks and works well
    - New brakes. Fuel tank flushed and cleaned, fuel strainer cleaned.
    - New fuel filters, air filter, antifreeze
    - Power windows all work, manual seats and sunroof. No leaks.
    - comes with Mercedes maintenance book and records.

    One thing I'm unsure about is if I buy this I plan to drive this everyday, even in the harsh New England winter and Im wondering if I should do that to this somewhat pristine 300td. I found a couple in my area that can be had for under $3k. although they are bit rusty and they dont come with records.

    Pics:









Working...