Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2017 Formula 1 Thread!

Hey Guys,

I figured I'd start this year's thread, since I saw this news article just now:

Long-serving boss of Formula 1, Bernie Ecclestone, has been removed from his position as head of Formula 1 after an $8 billion deal that saw US company Liberty Media take over the sport.

Ecclestone is out (although still some kind of honourary president, while Chase Carey takes his spot. Liberty Media has taken over to the tune of $8 Billion.
    Estoguy
    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

rt.com? Yikes.

Here:
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

... I got so bored last season... I haven't made it past Monza...

formula ffrrrrrrpppp....

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        ... I got so bored last season... I haven't made it past Monza...

formula ffrrrrrrpppp....

t
        You're gonna want to take a look at the new regs. These cars look like they're going to be animals.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Its going to be an interesting season this year. I think Hamilton is still going to win the title, but it wont be easy for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see McLaren back in podium contention and Red Bull up there again too. Ferrari is going to shit the bed again and Vettel will be looking for a way out by end of the season I would think.

That being said, if this season turns into a snooze fest again then I always have the new WRC season to keep me entertained!
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Why do you think Ferrari will be off the pace?
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

I think there is more drama behind the scenes than people can see to be honest. Not to mention they keep wanting Kimi on the team, rather than promote younger, braver talent that can elevate them to the next level. Don't get me wrong, Kimi is fast and great for F1 but I think his time at Ferrari is worn out and they need to start looking at the future.

Plus they seem to think that just hiring fast / talented drivers is the key to solving their issues (Seb, Kimi, Alonso, etc...)
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

Fair enough, and I do tend to agree about Kimi.
                Last edited by ELVA164; 01-27-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Kinda curious if Vettel and Ricciardo have settled their drama. ..
                  20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Working...
                  X