A long shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A long shot

By any chance I was just wondering if anyone here might have some details on the person responsible for starting my love of old German cars.

Back in 2009 I used to walk home from work up Corbett Ave in the Upper Market/Castro area of San Francisco. It was a rare site to see someone in a garage working on an old car so I decided to see what was up with his white E30 coupe. He explained that it was M/S5X swapped with a bunch of other mods (had no idea what any of this meant at the time) and he was getting ready to install an eBay turbo. I offered to help him out a bit because I didn't really have many friends in the area but love wrenching on cars.

After a couple visits holding the flashlight and learning a bit about modding cars, he explained that he was going away soon because he got in trouble with the law. Installing this turbo would be his last hurrah for a long time so he wanted it to get it taken care of ASAP. He also had a black friend who lived in the East Bay or North Bay with a 2002 (never actually saw it) who'd help out and give advice in the garage sometimes. After a few days turned to weeks I stopped seeing him in the garage either because he was doing other stuff, got sick of me, or serving his time.

A couple months went by when one night he stopped by my house to pick up a tool he let me borrow indefinitely. He showed up in his E30 with the turbo installed and offered me what became the single funnest ride along I've experienced on 4 wheels. Ever since that night I knew I'd forever be in love with E30s and absolutely had to have one. I have no idea what the specs were or how much power it put down but I was hooked!

Almost 7 years ago in May of 2010 I got my E30 that still warms my heart up a little every time she starts up. The suspension, steering, and maintenance have all been dialed in for many years now, yet I still fantasize daily about installing a turbo or swapping the motor. Now that I've finished college I hope that comes sooner than later.

Again, I have no idea about any specific details about mods or what it even looked like besides plastic bumper white E30 coupe. His name was Jason if memory serves correctly. If you think you might have any details on him/his car please let me know here or shoot me a PM if you don't feel like sharing with the whole forum.

Jason if you're reading this I hope everything has been resolved and hope you like what I've done to my E30!

Thanks!
    Last edited by rich4rdee; 02-08-2017, 09:04 PM.

so is that you or jason?

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
      so is that you or jason?
      me!

Comment

(I think they're the same person)

heh

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X