Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any place to buy borbet type c's? TSW hocks? (both heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any place to buy borbet type c's? TSW hocks? (both heavy)

Anyone still sell these rims?

Thanks!

George Graves
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

C's (as well as T's) from Borbet are NLA AFAIK.
    The Hock's are probably the same story.

Pretty sure you can't have them new, but used they are still around.
    There were some Hock R's on ebay the other day, and people do sell their Borbets occasionally.

Comment

they make a new version of the hock but I've never seen them for sale for the E30.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Don't buy used TSW wheels; they seem to bend really easily. I bought a used set of TSW wheels and they are so bent.

Spencer

Comment

ask fred how he likes his hocks?

but imo, i'd rather have some bbs rc's. until i win the lottery, my bottlecaps will suffice

-karlo
          ________
          Rgv250
          Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 10:28 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
          Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

I've got hocks on my 88 325is, They are VERY HEAVY. And yes the bend easy, my one rim is Flat spotted and the lips get chewed up pretty easily
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

I had the hocks on my corrado, they weighed a TON in a 17x8 4x100...
              they do bend easily too...
              there are other wheels out there that are a better way to go.
              '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
              '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
              '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
              iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
              sigpic

Comment

Hocks get a terrible rep. I was at Safeway a few weeks ago and met a guy in the parking lot with a kinda ratty 84-85 325e. He had some chrome 15" Eagle wheels and said that he liked the way my Hocks looked, but would never buy them because he heard they were really cheap wheels. Go figure.

TSW generally makes middle-of-the-road quality wheels. Compared to Borbet, BBS, and Ronal they're kinda lousy, but much better than the wheels you get at most local shops (like ADR or Primax). They're on the heavy side, but again, aren't that bad. Maybe some of you guys need to hit the gym ;).

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                Strictly Eta

Comment

I liked my hocks...they looked good, yeah they were heavy, but I never had any problem with the strength. In fact, I spun my car off the road in the rain (bald 235's, standing water), and hit some good sized rocks probably going about 30 mph backwards, my rear wheel got scratched and curbed (rocked?) to hell but its still completely straight, no bends
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                  X