So how did u find your E30??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how did u find your E30??

Thought this might be fun.... I am very weird about knowing where my cars came from and the story behind them so heres mine... :)

Almost three years ago now I had been looking into getting an E30... My dad runs an auto auction and told me one from Volunteers of America was coming through on the weekend.. Long story short... Went to auction, bid up to $950 on the delhin metallic 87 325is and won it... It was in the non running pile, had bend valves and wouldnt start, and hood and roof paint was peeling so we got it for a steal... I carfaxed it when I got home and found it had been with one owner until auction, purchased new in AZ and then moved it to WA for 2 years before it was dontated... Now it's my baby :P
    ~Jessica~
    "The liver is Evil, It must be punished!"

$950? you overpaid for that. lololol
    Try this one for size
    1 year ago, I bought an 88 325 supereta for $1100. Brought it on ebay in Mass.(5 hrs from my house) I got a friend to drive me there and I picked it up. It's a project car so I didn't insure/register it bc all i watned to do is bring it home and work on it for a year.
    Found out when I got there about all the things that the seller didnt' tell me about the car in the auction...that the wipers didn't work (at all, blown motor) radio was broken (no code), hood would not close (broken latch), 2 window motors were seized (rusted shut).
    Since the wipers didn't work, I had to drive it home anyway, but it happened to be in the rain!! of course this has to happen to me! So i bought a squeegee as a temporary solution because driving AT NIGHT without wipers on the highway is very difficult! so I stuck my hand out the window every 30 seconds to manually wipe my side of the windshield. It was bad, but the best one of all.......
    I turned on the blower motor to get some ventilation and the more air that came out, the more I heard/felt this vibration... So after looking into it and pulled the shroud for the blower fan, I found that there were field mice chillin out there. They were little baby mice scurrying away. I determined that the mice had eaten through the plastic fan blades to make their little nest, hence the vibration that got worse as the fan got faster. Funny story!

The car is now a great handling, reliable, perfectly working 335i that is amazingly fun to drive!
    Attached Files
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

ALL THREE OF MINE CAME FROM TEH INTARWEBNET!!%w!`1

Comment

I Bought Mine From A Gay Guy On Craigslist

Comment

I looked for a long time on CL, bimmerforums, ect..., but eventually I found one on roadfly.

And both of you massively overpaid.

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

lol.. well thats the drawbacks of auctions.... you dont really know what your getting till u get it home... but added up my dads buddy did the engine work for under $1100 and I sanded and resprayed/clearcoated the roof and hood for another $100 or so... $2000 all together for a nice clean 325is isnt all that bad being that it now runs perfect and looks perfect (and had brand new shocks on from previous owner) :)

... and the baby mice thing... did they die?! They still look like little pinkys.. :(
            ~Jessica~

Comment

Mine was in the family since 1991. Was wrecked by my cousin before i got it. But it was fixed.
              So i bought it for 2000. Interior and exterior were mint before the accident.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post

And both of you massively overpaid.
                Dont think so... I put mine on CL for sale a year and a half ago for $3500 and got and offer for $3200 after a guy came and test drove it... seems more like an investment to me... thats when I realized I should just hold on to the beast a bit longer since it wasnt having a single issue at the time... plus.. it has a special place in my heart .. hahaha
                ~Jessica~

Comment

request: pics of E30isGIRL...oh and your car ;)

Comment

I bought mine from a guy here on r3v. It had an engine fire and nearly the entire front end was replaced including body panels. It was in great shape when I got it and had a lot of mods already done. Cost me 1900 which is a steal in WA.

Comment

Got my M3 from a UCLA college student who lived in Beverly Hills with his parents and only did basic maintenance and didn't really keep up the car. They drove the car into the ground and took it to Beverly Hills BMW for every little problem it had which really put a dent in their pocket book so the parents decided to sell it and cut their losses. The son was not happy about it. Paid $7800 with 77K miles =] back in 2000. LA Recycler.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

holmes... that IS very cheap for here! nice
                        ~Jessica~

Comment

Originally posted by wycoco View Post
                          Give the leg humping a rest already, she's f-ing married...

I got my E30 from Ted's (uofom3) dad in Eugene. It was previously owned by 2002 Restorations in Eugene. It was hit in the rear and totalled at one point, and was rebuilt, and now has a salvage title. Doesn't matter to me though, there's no frame damage, so I could care less what the title says. The car was and still is in immaculate condition, with basketweaves, an iS front airdam, ellipsoids, and a Z3 1.9 SSK. I paid $2500 with 219k on the car, and a little less than half that on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by wycoco View Post
                            oooh these pic requests are gonna kill me! lol... theres a few in the "mug shot" section.... nothin special.. just your average femme car junkie ;) and my car needs a photoshoot soon but Im going to start sanding my fenders down today... blah for sanding :(
                            ~Jessica~

Comment

Eurospeed.. I like this.. Your my personal bouncer on here.. heh... and I agree with the salvage title thing... I bought a Mk3 GTI a few years back for 2k with salvage title.. If you plan on owning it a long time it just means a better deal for you.. and some shiny new paint.. :)
                              ~Jessica~

Comment

Working...
                              X