Scammer alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scammer alert

So I have a wtb ad here for a 2002 roof.

Get a pm from some dude who has never posted, saying he has a roof. Wants me to go directly to his email and communication goes from there.

I ask about shipping as it's a bulky item, he says no problem will use FedEx or whatever.

Asks for my shipping address. I give it to him. He gives me a price shipped.

I ask for a pic, he says "I have what you want and will ship it when you are ready".

I said no pic, no purchase. He said he will get back to me with pics. Never did.

Just be careful out there, scammers are coming up with new ways
    Pulling my hair out with all these friggin BMW's:
    2000 M5 Winter beater
    1984 318i Coupe 2.5 S14 going in the car below.
    1988 M3 Lachssilber: I'm the second owner, currently recommissioning.

This is kind of an old story unfortunately. Good for you for catching it before you kissed any money goodbye.ive gotten tons of these over the years.

You should have asked how much shipped from Nigeria
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

scumbags. always use the paypal insurance

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

+1 always use paypal Insurance. Just like life insurance is there when you need it. lol.

Had been spamed only once on here. they said they had exactly what I had. But they were google photos and actually someone on here with rep before he scammed maybe 20-30 people ... End of story got my money back because i Used papal and paied the fee. Thank the lord since it was 350 dollars...

Comment

A username and email of the guy would be nice so he can be banned and blocked.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
            A username and email of the guy would be nice so he can be banned and blocked.
            "Hi,

This is Mike . I am Emailing about your wanted Ad . Please email me on mikeowen1122@gmail.com.

Thanks"

Username mikeowen
            2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

I also had a WTB on the forum and the same guy emailed me. As soon as he emailed with the price and shipping , I knew he was trying to scam

Comment

the best was the guy with the screename "trustedseller59" GTFO
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

hmm. I'm in SoCal with a nice 02 roof I could give you for $100, if you can figure out how to ship it. Non-sunroof, came from a tii, etc.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    the best was the guy with the screename "trustedseller59" GTFO
                    Lol. If his name is trusted seller, then I’m sure he is fine.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                      hmm. I'm in SoCal with a nice 02 roof I could give you for $100, if you can figure out how to ship it. Non-sunroof, came from a tii, etc.
                      Hey mate, thanks again for the camtray, the s14 is running awesome.

So this roof lol, yeah how the f@#$& would we get it from Cali to Vancouver BC lol.
                      2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

They seem to be all over craigslist too. I get about 4 immediate text messages saying that "I'd like to buy your item".
                        sigpic

Comment

Your item lol. Ask them what item is that your are referring to... They really insult our intelligence... Scammers are trying to cheat their way through life. Here's a tip to them. There are no shortcuts. Just hard work if you want anything nice.
                          2000 M5 Winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by clarkson View Post
                            Hey mate, thanks again for the camtray, the s14 is running awesome.

So this roof lol, yeah how the f@#$& would we get it from Cali to Vancouver BC lol.

Hot shot it..... Will be cheaper than Fedex/UPS I would bet but still will not be R3V cheap....

uShip makes shipping motorcycles, boats, and other large items fast and affordable by connecting you to our network of carriers who compete for your shipment.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Got this message today in response to my WTB ad. I don't think I'll be wasting my time on a reply.

My name is Mike. I am E-mailing you about your wanted Ad. Please contact me on pj8694542@gmail.com . I am in Florida and shipping is no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X