No announcement yet.

Coast to Coast, an e30 American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re going to Houma? I married a Houma girl and all her family is down there.

Tradewinds Restaurant, 7682 highway 56, Chauvin, LA. ITS WORTH IT. Drive down to cocodrie too.

These guys are my wife’s cousins.

In past races, those Cajun chefs have been more proficient with the seasonings than with the steering wheel. Black flags aplenty! Not this time, though— we started the day with their two E30s in the top ten. Then, disaster!
    Last edited by 325e '87; 08-17-2018, 07:44 AM.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
      You’re going to Houma? I married a Houma girl and all her family is down there.

Tradewinds Restaurant, 7682 highway 56, Chauvin, LA. ITS WORTH IT. Drive down to cocodrie too.

These guys are my wife’s cousins.

https://jalopnik.com/5529162/cajun-e...-straightening
      Yeah man staying in Houma, i shall check it out for sure thank you!!

Just checked out that link. thats mad and i love it.

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Little bit of update, does anyone even like or enjoy the massive stock 4 spoke steering wheel that comes in these?

Im usually completely against the QR steering wheels in street cars / non purpose built racecars. but i thought about getting a steering wheel like this and then run a QR hub to be able to remove the steering wheel when i am parked at the hotel for example to try and put off people from stealing the car. If i decide i hate it i can just change it back to the original 4 spoke bus wheel.

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

I managed to pick up a Momo steering wheel type v35. build date is September 88 so is period correct for the car which i really like, plus it was only 33GBP!

I also have new boots coming from Matt at 2m so should tidy up the interior a little, trying to find one of them dash covers to hide the horrifically cracked dash.

Comment

So, started packing last night. Was i meant to bring clothes or just car parts?

Comment

Will you be adding a radio at any point?
            sigpic

Comment

I’ve thought long and hard about this....

I want to but I don’t want to have to cut the wiring etc to make it work with a headunit,’I’ve not even looked behind that panel so I don’t even know what state it is behind there.

Plus knowing my luck I will wire in a headunit to find out all the speakers are fucked.

So we have decided to get a good quality Bluetooth speaker that we are going to use.

Comment

Nice!
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

This is going to be awesome
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

what's the route? come to SC!

Comment

I have a spare original radio that you’re welcome to if you like. When I bought my vert if came with 2 spare radios and you’re goin g to need music on the road. Let me know if your interested, if so send me a PM and I can send it whenever you need in the states.

We can’t have you traveling around our beautiful country without tunes!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Nice!
                        thanks man!

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        This is going to be awesome
                        I am getting super excited, also looking forward to seeing that Datsun of yours.

Originally posted by jdt10768 View Post
                        what's the route? come to SC!
                        The route is on the first post but here it is below,

it has actually changed slightly as we are dipping into New England a little and then flying home from Boston.

I will be in the Carolinas, I love that part of America.

Originally posted by Rainier View Post
                        I have a spare original radio that you’re welcome to if you like. When I bought my vert if came with 2 spare radios and you’re goin g to need music on the road. Let me know if your interested, if so send me a PM and I can send it whenever you need in the states.

We can’t have you traveling around our beautiful country without tunes!
                        Man that is crazy nice of you, thank you so much, I will certainly drop you a message.

Comment

I know I don't ever post here, just mainly read what others are doing, but if you need some help along the way I'm on the south side of Atlanta GA and have a shop on my property and would be willing to help out if needed. I'm not a car mechanic by trade but have always wrenched on my stuff for a while now. Sounds like a grand adventure and I wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 20w506cyl View Post
                            I know I don't ever post here, just mainly read what others are doing, but if you need some help along the way I'm on the south side of Atlanta GA and have a shop on my property and would be willing to help out if needed. I'm not a car mechanic by trade but have always wrenched on my stuff for a while now. Sounds like a grand adventure and I wish you the best of luck!
                            thank you! that actually means a lot and I may have to take you up on that offer as I don't know where I will be able to check over the car between my friends place when I leave LA to... who only knows so I may have to pull in and look over the car and we can grab some food with you.

Comment

Sure thing, be glad to help. Just give me a few days notice when you when you think you will be in the area. I'll try and follow your progress as well.

Comment

Originally posted by alkkamai View Post
                                Definitely going to follow along with this.

If you need anything when you're near Baltimore, hit me up.
                                More specifically, my offer of anything includes use of a lift and an extensive, albeit disorganized, box of tools. I'll follow along with your progress and try to keep a lift free ;)

Or just if you want to lighten your load (the cassette holder)
                                1987 325i cirrusblau "Beatrix" Let Me Tell You About My e30
                                1990 Golf etwas rot "Rosalie" SCRAP
                                1991 Golf etwas silber "Silvia"

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
                                ...and you guys are way too into "mast lube & polishing" :)

Comment

Working...
                                X