Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of all the e30s i've owned, I've never...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30RS
    replied
    That was a fierce collision. Never had a cracked dash 2-0 so far. Just had a reverse light go out. So can check that off as "replaced." My drivers side door lock is going so I will get the joy of replacing that soon.

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    replied
    Ouch that was a nasty hit. Glad you made it out alive. That picture is like an automotive history for me. Just replace the Elantra with an Accent. I owned two CB7(4th gen) Accord coupes. The Accent was totaled (RIP) last year.

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Ouch - that's a nasty accident. Nevermind the iS lip, good to hear that you're ok after a shunt like that!

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    I've never lost an iS lip. The iS Lip on my current E30 (re-shell) survived this shit right below:

It may have cracked but it didn't break. Same iS lip on my car right now.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    ...replaced a piece of glass.

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    ...owned any other besides the one you see below.

Leave a comment:

• Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    i'd be genuinely surprised if there were a 3-digit number of e30 baurs *in* ostralya. mine was an '80s grey-market, like every one that ever came to US, and i've never seen another one in person.
    There is one randomly parked in Berkeley, because of course there is. Also a street parked lach e30 m3

Leave a comment:

• DaWildBeast
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    I agree. My last car was also an automatic originally and the M20 just doesn’t make enough bottom end torque to drive around below 3k rpm like the auto trans forces it to do. If you mat the throttle it’s fine, nice crisp shifts near redline but there is no middle ground.

An auto M30 car would probably be ok.

I used to drive my car in semi automatic mode when it had an auto trans [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Silverdogz
    replied
    It's been a while but I lost 2 iS lips.

Leave a comment:

• KI4UJO
    replied
    ...had a car with an m20. I've had an m10, m50nv, m50, m52, m42, and just bought another e30 w/a m10.

Leave a comment:

• squidrope
    replied
    I've never wanted another E series to replace my 30

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    Fair enough - sometimes you just have to get what you can! I only ever bought my e30 because I wrote off my e21, and couldn't find another one in reasonable condition.

I can say that I've never driven a Baur :)
    i'd be genuinely surprised if there were a 3-digit number of e30 baurs *in* ostralya. mine was an '80s grey-market, like every one that ever came to US, and i've never seen another one in person.

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Fair enough - sometimes you just have to get what you can! I only ever bought my e30 because I wrote off my e21, and couldn't find another one in reasonable condition.

I can say that I've never driven a Baur :)

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
    You're both missing out! The 4 speed auto is actually pretty good for a daily & you can't go past the practicality of the 4 door that still looks 95% the same as the 2 door! :D

On the rarity front, must be our lack of rain here (living in one of the hottest / driest cities on the planet has to have some advantages) but including me, there's 3 e30 owners in my street.
    it wasn't an active choice, i was actually looking for an m42 sedan when shopping for my last car, but i got impatient and bought a vert.

this time around the baur popped up on BaT and in another poorly advised decision it was mine.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    I agree on the 4-door - TBH, 2 door E30s seem strange to me.

But the auto - meh. All E30s we're meant to be manuals. And mine was originally an auto...
    I agree. My last car was also an automatic originally and the M20 just doesn’t make enough bottom end torque to drive around below 3k rpm like the auto trans forces it to do. If you mat the throttle it’s fine, nice crisp shifts near redline but there is no middle ground.

An auto M30 car would probably be ok.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X