• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a few more and scanned them.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

BMW's ad campaign for the E30 really was good.
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Remember BMWs used to hold their value? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Seriously, that line on most of all the ads cracks me up. My F30 is worth less than half the MSRP when I bought it last year. And it's an 340i M Sport.

Sigh...

Meanwhile the value of my E30, and E30s in general, are increasing.
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          One thing that gets me is the giant walls of text. Today's adults can barely be bothered to read 4 incomplete sentences (see: the recent BMW ad posted by Metallated)

I took my E30 out today on an 'errand'. Stares everywhere I went (and honestly, it's maybe a 7/10 example). The F and G series may get more looks on Instagram but IRL nobody gives a flying fuck about them..
          There's more actual car info in the those adds than a typical new car review these days - the number of reviews that basically don't say anything much about the actual mechanicals / performance of the car are phenomenal - no doubt because the performance of some of the downsized engines in larger cars is actually pretty abismal. They just go on about the gadgets in the car and the number of nanny sensors the car has to keep you safe (just like the recent add).

I like the old e30 owners manual too - says that if you get stuck in traffic, you must find a quiet road, r3v the engine past 6000RPM and enjoy some 'spirited' driving to keep the car in good health :D
          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Very fun. Thanks for sharing!
            09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
            05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
            87 BMW 325is
            a few bicycles

Comment

These are fantastic, so 80/90's love them from the different advertising style based on print media and the fact the cars look so cool and were so advanced then. Any idea how to get then top standard worth printing for my office wall.

Comment

Ah, this thread! Love these old ads.

And look! there's no such thing as an E30 coupe! they're all sedans (except for the convertible). :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                X