Clear All

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
    e36
    possibly one of the ugliest cars on the road
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

1996 C-Class or E-Class MB?
      Last edited by KenC; 10-13-2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
        C Class is a good car to choose, and it's the cheapest Mercedes to maintain; ie, parts aren't as expensive as other models. They also drive more modern than the older Mercedes do. I just happen to like the way old MBs drive.

You could easily find a '93-'98 C class in your range, especially if you stuck to the four cylinder Kompressor models. I found a '96 C280 in my area with 70,000 miles for $7500 in great condition.

Stay away from the W210 (96+ E class); they were relatively problematic until about '98, which puts it out of your price range.
        1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

possibly one of the ugliest cars on the road
          False.

Originally posted by 325iCabrio View Post
          Stay away from the W210 (96+ E class); they were relatively problematic until about '98, which puts it out of your price range.
          Good call.
          - skipping the E36 generation completely -

Originally posted by Stephen
          Alot of newer cars do nothing for me

Comment

Originally posted by 325iCabrio View Post
            C Class is a good car to choose, and it's the cheapest Mercedes to maintain; ie, parts aren't as expensive as other models. They also drive more modern than the older Mercedes do. I just happen to like the way old MBs drive.

You could easily find a '93-'98 C class in your range, especially if you stuck to the four cylinder Kompressor models. I found a '96 C280 in my area with 70,000 miles for $7500 in great condition.

Cool. I think I'll research the C-Class a bit more and see what I can find out. Were there any body styling changes during the 93-98 years?

Comment

I would definitely go with an 80s or early 90s model if you want a Mercedes. They're built like a brick shithouse compared to the newer ones. My parents just bought a 1980 300, mileage unknown (odometer stopped working somewhere in the 200,000 range), mechanically sound, no rust, no cracks in the leather, etc. for a grand. If it was me, I'd go for the reliability over looks (although personally I like the looks of the old Mercedes better as well), but to each their own...

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

what about a 95-98 nissan maxima se with a 5spd....plenty of room, decent power, plenty of aftermarket parts, good reliability record

Comment

which models? all i see are outbacks and im not too keen on a wagon
                  get a forester, they look pretty cool imo, and drive really nice...

or any honda/toyota..
                  90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Originally posted by german g
                    or any honda/toyota..
                    +1

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

I'll sell you my 97' Audi A4 for $6K. Silver, 130k, new tranny (auto), new cv's, grey leather amazing interior etc. mechanically sound. This thing will do 144mph with 5 people in it!

Edit: I have $4k in the tranny and cv's alone
                      Last edited by Propwash; 10-13-2006, 10:00 AM. Reason: clarification
                      "If your going to make a mistake, make it a 100mph."....."But only on the racetrack".....

Comment

Geo Metro, you could get 12 of them for 6k.

Comment

I got a toyota echo for ~6k. had for about 2 years, and already got my money worth. can't beat 35mpg average, plus savings in insurance. but those damn seats are soooo uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Propwash View Post
                            I'll sell you my 97' Audi A4 for $6K. Silver, 130k, new tranny (auto), new cv's, grey leather amazing interior etc. mechanically sound. This thing will do 144mph with 5 people in it!

Edit: I have $4k in the tranny and cv's alone
                            Quattro or FWD? How long have you owned it? Records?

Comment

Originally posted by SpunkyE30nOk View Post
                              what about a 95-98 nissan maxima se with a 5spd....plenty of room, decent power, plenty of aftermarket parts, good reliability record
                              I'll have to look into those, thanks.

Comment

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Working...
                                X