Best/Coolest car for $6-7k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
    Quattro or FWD? How long have you owned it? Records?
    Non quattro 2.8 (its faster!) Owned since 02'. Some records but not complete. 2nd owner, 16in 5 spoke rims. Looks bad ass.
    Last edited by Propwash; 10-13-2006, 11:27 AM. Reason: left stuff out.
    "If your going to make a mistake, make it a 100mph."....."But only on the racetrack".....

Comment

The Maxima is a solid choice- a lot of my friends have had them(only in auto though) and they were all good cars, as long as you do basic maint it should be fine...they also have pretty nice Bose sound systems. I would imagine a 5spd would be nice- about as fast as an e36, with mods probably about as quick as an e36 m3.

Comment

hhmmmmm..this struck me as werid. comming to a bmw site asking what car to buy....best/coolest car for $6-7k?? umm a well taken care of bmw if you ask me.

Comment

02 Nissan Sentra SE-R. very nice car, plenty of power and 22-23 miles per gallon.

Comment

I wholeheartedly recomend the Maxima. My mother owned a black 98 se 5 speed and the thing was awesome. Good in the snow with the fwd, 27 mpg, loads of power, and the motor is bombproof. I had the same motor in my Pathfinder with 225k and it purred like a kitten.
            Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post

I'd love one, but they're too old to be reliable. Fucking awesome cars though for sure.
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by ehlpitel View Post
                The Maxima is a solid choice- a lot of my friends have had them(only in auto though) and they were all good cars, as long as you do basic maint it should be fine...they also have pretty nice Bose sound systems. I would imagine a 5spd would be nice- about as fast as an e36, with mods probably about as quick as an e36 m3.
                Nice! I'll definitely have to check out the maxima.

Thanks, guys! keep em coming!

Comment

maybe too small for your need but miatas are fun and reliable.
                  90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

don't know how you feel about american cars? but a 93+ camaro or firebird gets good gas mileage and has plunty of power the v8 m6 ones but no room in the back. i got a 96 firebird formula with some mods,CAI,1.6RR,LT headers ORY,hooker cat back and some other things. It got 28 mpg on a trip to DC a few weeks back. has plunty of power and it has not let me down yet.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by german g View Post
                      maybe too small for your need but miatas are fun and reliable.

shit, i should really look into those. I actually really like them. I'm single and 23, thus I really have no need for more that two seats. (my only qualm is no room for golf clubs haha)

Any one know much about Miatas!?

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                        don't know how you feel about american cars? but a 93+ camaro or firebird gets good gas mileage and has plunty of power the v8 m6 ones but no room in the back. i got a 96 firebird formula with some mods,CAI,1.6RR,LT headers ORY,hooker cat back and some other things. It got 28 mpg on a trip to DC a few weeks back. has plunty of power and it has not let me down yet.
                        I can't buy any American muslce cars because I just sold my acid-wash denim vest and my entire collection of Ratt cassettes recently :(

j/k - not really into anything American

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
                          I can't buy any American muslce cars because I just sold my acid-wash denim vest and my entire collection of Ratt cassettes recently :(

j/k - not really into anything American

to bad, you'd be a hero to any one who has a mullet :rofl:

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

hmm...

civic sounds good to me...

I'd stay away from subarus... i just can't find anything i really like about them.

the benz idea of a c class is good.

the e36 would be cheap/easy to maintain. I have done bassically nothing to my 95 since i got it and it runs fine.

you could get a volvo 850 turbo. Those are pretty sweet cars in reality - for very, very little money you could have a VERY fast car that looks like a total sleeper. I've seen pics of some 850 touring cars and they look pretty good too. Plus you get thevolvo safety/reliablitliy... and IPD is local to portland for performance mods:).
                            PNW Crew
                            90 m3
                            06 m5

Comment

Economical DD.

I just bought a 2001 Civic 2 Dr. for my daughter. 64,000 miles for $7000. Put on a set of tires & wheels, and a new mp3/stereo in it - total investment $8000. 30mpg city - 38 highway. It is 2.75 turns lock to lock steering and a shifter that would turn an E30 owner green.

Comment

Originally posted by 1991 318is View Post
                                I just bought a 2001 Civic 2 Dr. for my daughter. 64,000 miles for $7000. Put on a set of tires & wheels, and a new mp3/stereo in it - total investment $8000. 30mpg city - 38 highway. It is 2.75 turns lock to lock steering and a shifter that would turn an E30 owner green.
                                There's no reason not to do something like this, especially if you are trying to be economical.

and contrary to what some poeple have said, I've heard that subaru's don't hold up awesome in the long run. They aren't horrible, just not exceptionally good. Although I am fond of the outback.

Comment

Working...
                                X