The HOTTEST 190E I've ever seen.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E_DIRTY
    replied
    i went to high school with a kid who drove a 190e, it honestly never struck me as an exciting car to drive. but i think they look cool. regardless of what you think of how it's aging, the 190 is an old school german sport (relative term) sedan.

    plus they have a bitchin' mono-wiper setup that i always adored.

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by 808BMW
    So any tire/rim that sticks out is automatically mexican?

    Hawaiian style trucks:


    And the King dingaling, built on big island:

    imagine if that guy hit you.

    Leave a comment:


  • WillisE30
    replied
    Originally posted by kellie
    Mmmm...Mercedes E30.
    You ever had the pleasure of servicing one? I far and away prefer doing work on BMWs to Mercedes. Don't get me wrong all manufacturers have their quirks but MB stuff from the 80-90s is convoluted, archaic and annoying to deal with. I suppose it doesn't help that 99% of the cars from that era are now clapped out beaters.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Even though the late e30s have a design that will last a long time, I wouldn't say the same from the early generation with the diving boards, otherwise called aluminum bumpers. They are so typical of the dark BMW period in North America (1974-1987) while the 190 Benz did not really suffer from this design flaw, at least in the 190 serie.

    I find the 190 has a timeless design, even though I am a BMW hardcore fan (I even track a 1969 2002 and e30 M3, and only owned BMWs for the past 20 years). I wish I could find a good 190 2.3 16v, not because it is a powerhouse or a nimble car, but just because it looks right. Especially with flat-faced Carlson wheels. I don't like deep dish on a Merc. Fits nice on Bimmers, not on a Benz.

    Is the 2.3 16v perfect? No quite. I hate the K-Jetronic as was used on e21s and VWs...

    Leave a comment:


  • blksuperman2
    replied
    Originally posted by wRek




















    Oh yeah... This car belongs to a kid who is 18-19years old. He did 90% of the work himself. Including making the turbo manifold and pretty much everything else under the hood. He started the car when he was 16.

    That is soooooooooo beast.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by project86
    Since they only made 500 evo 2's and they were never imported to the states I am pretty sure you didn't ride or drive one. You may have ridden in or driven a 190e with an Evo 2 kit, but the body kit alone doesn't make a car fast, ask any ricer. The Evo 2 190e is a very fast car, about 240hp while still using the old school CIS mechanical injection is pretty impressive. As far as speed goes my 2.3-16 US spec, 167hp, is about as fast as a 325i but the 16v is much harder to drive as the engine has little power below 4000 rpm and hardly any torque. As far as the interior goes, that is a matter of opinion. I know that I like the 16v interior much more then any E30 I've ever had (I've owned 4 by the way, 3 M3's), but that doesn't mean everyone likes it better. I really like the way the Mercedes interior is put together.

    Also, there is no way an E30 looks more modern then a 190e. Mercedes kept the same body style forever and many of their cars still look very similar to the old square body style of the 190e. Even an E36 looks a ton different then an E30, not to mention an E46 and an E90. This is not to say that a 190 is better looking then an E30, but it is certainly not more modern looking.
    there are a few evoII in the states.... it was a real one dont worry.

    and just cuz benz didnt update the style of the 190 and the c-class they based off of it until well into 90's doesnt make it timeless. it just makes it an old outdated style

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    no it just means that merc is behind the times in updating the looks of thier cars.

    mercs are nice cars and all---














    if your over 65.

    Leave a comment:


  • project86
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
    Agreed... the e30 looks much more modern than the 190 as well as being a better car in just about every way you can measure them.

    I have drivin and road around in a 190 evoII and was very dissapointed. The car seemed to lack in power compared to even a 325i. The interior looks very dated, especially if you have one with "wood" accents.
    Since they only made 500 evo 2's and they were never imported to the states I am pretty sure you didn't ride or drive one. You may have ridden in or driven a 190e with an Evo 2 kit, but the body kit alone doesn't make a car fast, ask any ricer. The Evo 2 190e is a very fast car, about 240hp while still using the old school CIS mechanical injection is pretty impressive. As far as speed goes my 2.3-16 US spec, 167hp, is about as fast as a 325i but the 16v is much harder to drive as the engine has little power below 4000 rpm and hardly any torque. As far as the interior goes, that is a matter of opinion. I know that I like the 16v interior much more then any E30 I've ever had (I've owned 4 by the way, 3 M3's), but that doesn't mean everyone likes it better. I really like the way the Mercedes interior is put together.

    Also, there is no way an E30 looks more modern then a 190e. Mercedes kept the same body style forever and many of their cars still look very similar to the old square body style of the 190e. Even an E36 looks a ton different then an E30, not to mention an E46 and an E90. This is not to say that a 190 is better looking then an E30, but it is certainly not more modern looking.

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    The W201 looks way more outdated than the E30. It's those ugly squarish wheel well cutouts.
    Agreed... the e30 looks much more modern than the 190 as well as being a better car in just about every way you can measure them.

    I have drivin and road around in a 190 evoII and was very dissapointed. The car seemed to lack in power compared to even a 325i. The interior looks very dated, especially if you have one with "wood" accents.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    if you get an old benz you got to get the "hammer". i saw one about ten years ago with a csl style rear wing molded into the decklid. Very pimp for 97.

    Leave a comment:


  • kellie
    replied
    Mmmm...Mercedes E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • Digitalwave
    replied
    The W201 looks way more outdated than the E30. It's those ugly squarish wheel well cutouts.

    Leave a comment:


  • chuni959
    replied
    The 190 can be modified suspension wise to match the e30. It can also be modified engine wise to match it. However, the e30 still comes out the lighter weight, more agile machine. A primary weakness lies in MB trannys. The one exception being the 16v which shared the same getrag transmission as the e30 m3.
    Last edited by chuni959; 03-20-2018, 10:55 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • GarrettM
    replied
    Originally posted by akorcovelos
    I guess I just don't get it, 190's just don't do it for me. They in no way look like a sports car, they look like something my grandpa would drive. Very nice cars, but not sporty, and putting all those ricer body kits on them just looks wrong IMO. Like buying a Coup DeVille & throwing a giant spoiler and lip on. The 190's look like a confortable luxury car, not a race car. Even the true race 190's don't look the part if you ask me (which I know you didn't) just my

    I agree 100% but that doesn't mean I wouldn't drive one.

    Leave a comment:


  • hendrixvodu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    The guy is from the UK. I doubt he styled it after the Californian Mexican tuning scene... could we drop this whole "Mexican styled" thing? If you don't like the car, just say so.

    rwdrift, you're talking about the EVO II, I assume?





    i dislike benz...but this car is pretty intense..

    Leave a comment:

Working...