Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any pics of an e30 with a roll cage in it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any pics of an e30 with a roll cage in it??

I've seen some on a message board just can't remember which one.

I have an E30 with a cage in it - nothing spectacular though, just a 6pt bolt-in Autopower. What d'you want to see?

There are plenty of -real- cages out there in E30s - check the SpecE30 YahooGroup.

Comment

My brother might be renting a pipe bender, so when he had it i was thinking about make a cage. Nothing crazy, probably something the same as you have a 6 point.

Comment

Originally posted by 89325iturbo
        My brother might be renting a pipe bender, so when he had it i was thinking about make a cage. Nothing crazy, probably something the same as you have a 6 point.
        Mine goes into the rear wheelwells, down to the floor at the B-pillars, and into the floor where the dead pedal would be on the driver's side, and opposite side for the passenger.

It has door bars, a cross beam for the harnesses, and a support for the driver's seat.

Nothing spectacular.

You can check it out online at www.ioportracing.com - I don't have pics currently, or I'd send 'em to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 89325iturbo
          pipe bender or tube bender. there is a difference. if you try bending DOM tubing w/ a pipe bender you will end up kinking the tube. i recommend a JD2 tube bender for a serious cage. pipe is for water.
          James
          '88 M3

Comment

Working...
          X