Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ireland engineering stuff - good?

Hi Gruppe,
    just want to get your opinion on the Ireland Engineering catback exhaust and shorty headers.
    Anyone with experience with these?
    what other options did u guys take?
    thanks
    franklin

You go their flyer too?

Comment

what flier?
      i was just browsing their website actually.
      thanks
      franklin

Comment

We got a flyer showing off the IE exhaust system at dealer prices, thats all.

Comment

u know what, i just found my flyer too. The prices are really attractive and i'm curious what performance gains can be had.
          But i guess i'll just have to try it.
          thanks
          franklin

Comment

Franklin-

A friend of mine recently installed an IE stainless cat-back on his '90 325is. There were some minor fitment issues at first (the tips hitting the rear valance), but a few adjustments cured that. Its been gradually getting a bit louder as it breaks in. Its not an 'irritating' loud either. Rather a mellow tuned sound. He's had the system on his car for about a month now and drives it everyday. Up to this point, there are no problems to report.

Hope this helps.

Jon
            Rides...
            1991 325i - sold :(
            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

i have the IE exhaust aswell, and plan on buying many parts from them in the future.

Comment

I bought the IE stage 3 springs and Love them, good drop great spring rate, match Koni Yellow's

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
                  i have the IE exhaust aswell, and plan on buying many parts from them in the future.
                  Can you please post some pics of the exhaust? I'm contemplating on getting this exhaust mainly because of the price, but I would like to see and hear it first. Any chance of a sound clip?

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
                    Can you please post some pics of the exhaust? I'm contemplating on getting this exhaust mainly because of the price, but I would like to see and hear it first. Any chance of a sound clip?
                    Greg, M-technik-3 is selling his. He wants something more loud, and his is cheaper than IE prices new obviously.

btw. Me and my uncle have ordered from IE and both have good customer service experience with them in that regard. Helpful, nice to interact with, and good company.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20

i dont know if the sound clips still work

Comment

Thanks, the sound clip is still up. I like the sound, not too loud but better than stock. I used to be into the loudness of a triflo when I was younger 8) , the IE exhaust is loud enough. My triflo on my e36 used to set off alarms, wake the neighbors, scare little kids, etc...moved onto a Remus.

Comment

I installed my IE cat back exhaust a couple of months ago...

I love it. I was looking for a free flow cat back exhaust that wasn't going to be much noisier than stock though. I've read about some guys that bought them and already sold them because they were looking for something louder. At idle, the exaust sounds like stock. Upon acceleration, the sound is a little louder and a little deeper than stock.

Pictures of the cat back will look pretty much like stock but with a shinier stainless steel finish. But you only see the tips so it's not too shiny/chrome looking. Besides the finish, the shape is just like stock, but 10 lbs lighter.

IE's shorty headers are actually MSDS shorty headers.

Also, I've heard the sound clip that's been posted of someone's IE exhaust. Everyone I'm guessing is using their own computer with their own computer speakers so I can only speak for what I heard on mine. It didn't sound like my exhaust system sounds when I'm driving. I'm sure that the sound clip is a recording of an e30 with an IE cat back exhaust. But when I'm driving in my car, my IE exhaust has never sounded like what I hear on the sound clip. Maybe it's my computer speakers, maybe my hearing is going bad, maybe it has something to do with the location or quality of the microphone when recording or........... Don't know. But it didn't remind me of my car's sound at all.

Comment

Thanks, the sound clip is still up. I like the sound, not too loud but better than stock. I used to be into the loudness of a triflo when I was younger 8) , the IE exhaust is loud enough. My triflo on my e36 used to set off alarms, wake the neighbors, scare little kids, etc...moved onto a Remus.
                            Then come see me, I will do it for $275 lets just get it moved on out of my room. I have a Remus unit with my E30/M50 and sounds awesome. But have no use for this exhaust besides collecting dust. I am taking a lose on it but want to recoup some cash out of it.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I've purchased the following from them:

3.0L Stroker kit
                              8mm plug wires
                              Adj FPR

Very happy with all of it.......they are knowledgeable and very helpful. Best to call them on the phone though ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X