I underestimated my E30 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I underestimated my E30 today.

Well, since I'm unemployed right now, and extremely bored I went out for a drive along the beach in my recently purchased e30. I saw this ridiculous Corvette right as I was about to take a u-turn and got kinda excited. You see, I just finished rebuilding the engine in my 325is, and it's purring real nice. I haven't done the manual swap I've been planning yet, so keep it mind it's an auto. Well, the light turns green and I stomp it for the u-turn. I guess I immediately started to spin and just kept going around on my old tires. Finally I stopped, facing in the direction I needed to go. Everyone was kinda looking at me like WTF? So I stomped it again and peeled outta there! I had a nice hearty laugh to myself as I cruised to the next red light where everyone in the previous intersection caught up to me. Damn, I really underestimated the power of my car, even as an auto. I can't wait to do the swap. Then maybe I'll have a reason to lose control!
    Last edited by fwappy; 02-20-2007, 07:17 PM.

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

Originally posted by fwappy View Post
    Well, since I'm unemployed right now, and extremely bored I went out for a drive along the beach. I saw this ridiculous Corvette right as I was about to take a u-turn and got kinda excited. You see, I just finished rebuilding the engine in my 325is, and it's purring real nice. I haven't done the manual swap I've been planning yet, so keep it mind it's an auto. Well, the light turns green and I stomp it for the u-turn. I guess I immediately started to spin and just kept going around on my old tires. Finally I stopped, facing in the direction I needed to go. Everyone was kinda looking at me like WTF? So I stomped it again and peeled outta there! I had a nice hearty laugh to myself as I cruised to the next red light where everyone in the previous intersection caught up to me. Damn, I really underestimated the power of my car, even as an auto. I can't wait to do the swap. Then maybe I'll have a reason to lose control!

I remember the first time i do a 360 trying to make a u-turn in the rain. bald all-season tires suck ass. E30's are the shit.

Comment

Tard.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.j View Post
        Tard.
        Nice. Thanks.

Comment

You underestimated that you can peel out ?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
            E30's are pieces of shit.
            fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              You underestimated that you can peel out ?
              Well actually, yes. I've been driving FWD 4 cylinder vehicles for the past few years, so I guess I need to get back in the bimmer groove. Just thought it was funny, that's all.

Comment

...I think you're a bit too easily amused.

Comment

I'm also from the fwd (vw) world and I just recently got the rear end loose on the e30. My grin was from ear to ear. I guess some of us just get stoked really easily.

-Chris
                  Big Brain- "The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving earth for no raison!"

- California Certified Smog Technician -

Comment

Ya gotta love all the smart-ass negativity in these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by fwappy View Post
                      Ya gotta love all the smart-ass negativity in these forums.
                      It's just how things get done around here.

Comment

wait 'til it snap oversteers on an off ramp in the rain, RWD takes a little getting used to though I will admit

Comment

Yea its kind of fun kicking a rwd sideways. My father has a 650hp ford truck that will do that completely up a highway on ramp. Good times.
                          I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Im not apposed to wiping my ass with my jizz rag

Comment

Originally posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
                            Yea its kind of fun kicking a rwd sideways. My father has a 650hp ford truck that will do that completely up a highway on ramp. Good times.
                            So will a 396HP BMW...

Bwahahahaha. BMW > Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                              So will a 396HP BMW...

Bwahahahaha. BMW > Ford.
                              M5 ftw!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X