1:18 scale M3 modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1:18 scale M3 modifications

as if owning a real one wasnt enough, i bought a 1:18 scale M3 and set out to make it look like my car as much as possible, so after a a few days of searching i found a Mustang Cobra R with wheels that look kinda like e34 M-System wheels, i just have to paint the spoked black, and some nice Recaros as well. ill be making a gurney flap and a front splitter as well. the interior is going to get repainted "natur" or as close as i can get to my tan interior, the taillights and headlights is what im worried about, how the heck do i remove them and make em smoked. Enough with words, here are 2 pics of the car and some of the parts. will get started on it this week.

;)

sick!

i can't wait to see how it turns out dude.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

glad to see the model is getting some good use:D
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Airbrush the headlights and taillights with a black transparent..you can use really good tape to tape them off.

Comment

i can do that for the headlights but the tails would look cheap if i just did that. i want to have them look like my Startechs , clear yet smoked on the inside, im thinking of using a heat gun to unglue them and then with an exacto knife remove and paint the inside if the shell not the lens itself. thats if the lens isnt painted itself. hope im making sence. it is 2AM and i cant sleep. stupid jet lag kickin my butt.

Comment

The tail lights are propobly held in by plastic stud's. You could take a screw driver and heat the end of it up and melt the ends of the studs to get the tail lights out.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

now that you said it, i think your right, i just looked at it and thats what it apears as. ill take the whole shell off tomorrow and see whats up im sure the same is with the headlights.

Comment

here are a few more shots, i photoshoped one of the wheels just to give you guys the idea of what they might look like. im thinking of using a tiny bit on the dremel to do holes in the spoked were the covers mount to, and maybe slotting the rotors. this should be fun

Comment

I've been trying to find just a standard (non-M3) model of an E30. The only other BMW I could find was an 82 320. Any idea as to where I can find one?

Comment

wow... youre insane dude.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                      wow... youre insane dude.

Mariano
                      ha insane you say? ok well maybe a bit, keeps me off the mean streets of germany. its too cold to work on the REAL car and too cold to go about taking photos. so im staying home and playing around with this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                        I've been trying to find just a standard (non-M3) model of an E30. The only other BMW I could find was an 82 320. Any idea as to where I can find one?
                        ebay has them from time to time. i have an extra shell that im gonna butcher up soon to try and make a e30 touring model.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                          Standard curb-side (no engine detail) kit of the BMW 325i E30 2-Door Saloon. Body molded in white. Interior molded in black. Wheels turn and steer after assembly.

Comment

that shift knob looks too high

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                              that shift knob looks too high
                              its the x5 one...:mrgreen:
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                              X