Sport seats are fking baller!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport seats are fking baller!!

Well, I've had shitty "luxury" seats in my car since I bought it. I've been searching for cardinal red sport seats at a decent price and finally found 'em. They came in today, so after class I got started installing them.

The front nuts came off easy enough and I moved to the back bolts. I was having a fuck of a time because theres no room to get a wrench on them. I spent an hour trying to put a socket on the bolt head and then get a vicegrips on the socket. After sweating and swearing up a storm I came up stairs and searched on here to see what you guys have done. I found out the damn seat flips up to give you plenty of room. Thats when I wanted to hit myself in the head with a fuckin hammer.

It took about 10 minutes to finish up the job after that. (I only got the driver seat in before it started getting dark.) I took it for a spin and the sport seats make a world of difference! I sit at least an inch lower and the bolsters keep you firmly planted instead of sliding around in the luxuries. It feels 200% better and I love 'em!! I'll get some pics up soon.

If you've got luxuries, get some sports!!
    Last edited by Lof8; 03-29-2007, 04:55 PM.
    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

yeah the flip up makes it hella easy to get to the bolts in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by e30devo View Post
      yeah the flip up makes it hella easy to get to the bolts in the rear.
      Unless that doesn't work, and that's the reason you're taking them out.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I have both. I really like the reg base seats on long drives though...
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I've had sports in every E30 I've ever owned but I have driven a base 86 325 with standard seats and didn't feel supported at all in comparison. Didn't feel like I was firmly secured. The factory sport seats are wayyyy better. The 'luxury' seats aren't very luxurious either.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

So your's goes up and down. I still would like to know why mine only tilt back and forth like a rocking chair.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
              I have both. I really like the reg base seats on long drives though...
              beg to differ, I prefer the sports in the M3 to the seats in the X3 on a long drive.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

I prefer the sports seats in the e30 to the regular ones on long drives...BUTTT, the regular seats in my 7-series own them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                  Well, I've had shitty "luxury" seats in my car since I bought it. I've been searching for cardinal red sport seats at a decent price and finally found 'em. They came in today, so after class I got started installing them.

The front nuts came off easy enough and I moved to the back bolts. I was having a fuck of a time because theres no room to get a wrench on them. I spent an hour trying to put a socket on the bolt head and then get a vicegrips on the socket. After sweating and swearing up a storm I came up stairs and searched on here to see what you guys have done. I found out the damn seat flips up to give you plenty of room. Thats when I wanted to hit myself in the head with a fuckin hammer.

It took about 10 minutes to finish up the job after that. (I only got the driver seat in before it started getting dark.) I took it for a spin and the sport seats make a world of difference! I sit at least an inch lower and the bolsters keep you firmly planted instead of sliding around in the luxuries. It feels 200% better and I love 'em!! I'll get some pics up soon.

If you've got luxuries, get some sports!!
                  Great story!! Good laugh for a Friday morning!! :rofl:
                  Cheers,

David
                  '89 318i Touring (gone, but still loved) :sad:
                  '88 Vert

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
                    So your's goes up and down. I still would like to know why mine only tilt back and forth like a rocking chair.
                    your pushing down on the wrong handle, to go up and down you push down on the back handle

edit: my family has had this car for 14 years now and i just found that out about 2 years ago
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                      your pushing down on the wrong handle, to go up and down you push down on the back handle

edit: my family has had this car for 14 years now and i just found that out about 2 years ago

Thanks..

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

my non-sports sucked ass....then I upgraded to sport seats, and they feel like secks.

Originally posted by DBcooperM12
                        when i grow up, i hope to be a superamazinasian....like dom.

Comment

I've thought about buying sport seats for my E30, but I just don't think that it would go good w/ the interior. My interior is tan leather and I just can't see black (or even red) sport seats looking halfway decent in there.

I might be able to pull black off though, it might look alright w/ the black dash and console. Any other opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post

WOW this is awsome!! i didnt know about that either! I just went into the garage and tried ti! I was only able to get the seat to go up if i wasnt sitting in it though, so maybe the shocks are worn out? I still like sitting low though.

Comment

Originally posted by dylanBMW View Post
                              I've thought about buying sport seats for my E30, but I just don't think that it would go good w/ the interior. My interior is tan leather and I just can't see black (or even red) sport seats looking halfway decent in there.

I might be able to pull black off though, it might look alright w/ the black dash and console. Any other opinions?
                              I'm pretty sure sport seats are available in tan leather.
                              S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                              What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Working...
                              X