No announcement yet.

IE E30 Stage 3 Race Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell yeah, Ghetto Tech is the way to go. anyway, i'll deal with the harshness, and if i can't, i'll make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon e30
      hell yeah, Ghetto Tech is the way to go. anyway, i'll deal with the harshness, and if i can't, i'll make a change.
      Werd. Ghetto Tech to the max. Using two jacks and a '92 Acura Integra as spring compressors :).

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Come on now guys, you are just straight lazy. Just go rent some spring compressors from Auto Zone for $35 and you get ALL your money back upon the return.
        ________
        volcano classic
        Last edited by Wes325; 01-22-2011, 12:31 PM.
        - 318is 4 life

Comment

hahaha, who needs spring compressors when we can blow our faces off with balistic springs?

BTW: TAXES SUCK

Comment

Originally posted by M50Webber
            Had the Stage 3 springs on my old 325e 4 door acutocross car.

Since the springs are progressive, they were fairly comfortable on the street, but they SUCKED with Bilsteins. Progressive rate springs and too much compression damping make for a crappy ride for sure.

Here is a link to a pic of the ride height - I know, the car is absolutely hideous - Salvage title, all bondo, but hauled ass in the acutocross with a chip and a 3.25 diff. Yay torque.

Hope this helps,
            Chris
            I could only dream for that many BMW's to show up at the SCCA autocrosses here (no nearby BMWCCA chapter). The autocrosses are overrun with ricey losers out to show off.

And, yes, eta's haul ass in autocrosses. Stock I was able to pull off 12th in Novice, I actually beat some Suburu or something, I think it was a normal WRX. (course, we were both Novices). I was also only 3 seconds off from my dad in his M3 (it was about a 50 second course)

My dad and I want to get a local chapter started here. ;)

My quesiton about these springs is - what kind of camber do these things create? Would we need camber plates?

I'm highly considering some IE Stage 3's and Koni's - but, just how stiff are they? They'd probably be stiffer than the shocks my dad's putting in his car.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
            X