stupid antenna...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid antenna...

I hate the radio, I never listen to it and am pretty sure I will never listen to it unless there is a natural catastrophe and my life depends on it lol. Anyways whats the easiest way to keep that bitch down and not pop up every time I start the car?

Thanks

oh and the rubber seal that keeps the weather out and holds the antenna is cracked and rotting out. Should I go to the dealership for one of them?

unplug it?

Comment

Yep, go to the trunk, take off left side carpet wall, locate antenna, unplug antenna.

Comment

or just leave it there for when you leave your cds or ipod or whatever in the house
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

sweet thanks guys. I will do this tomorrow. I would rather listen to my e30's sweet exhaust then the radio. Its noting but washed up music and commercials IMO.

THANKS

Comment

Or do what I did a rig up a switch.

Rigged up a fog light button and put it next to the hazard switch.

Looks stock, and I can raise and lower the antenna at will.

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey View Post
              Or do what I did a rig up a switch.

Rigged up a fog light button and put it next to the hazard switch.

Looks stock, and I can raise and lower the antenna at will.
              I did exactly the same thing.. although honestly I haven't used it in almost 5 years!
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

lol rip it out and put a rubber plug in it. blingin' :)

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I did exactly the same thing.. although honestly I haven't used it in almost 5 years!
                  True. I only use it to get traffic updates.

Comment

The little rubber grommet is super cheap and easy to install, and do liike those guys said, just unplug it.

I went a slightly different route, as I too, HATE the radio. But I've decided I'm going to leave it attached, just in case I need to use the radio for any reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X