Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90% done! V8 is in and mounted but.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivo316
    replied
    Originally posted by drifty340i View Post
    Thats an interesting idea! Whats to stop me from recessing the booster into the passenger glove box (rhd) and having the cylinder poke out the hole?
    Don't see any problem with that, other than the linkage for the pedals, but you fit that V8 in there, so you won't find much trouble in fabbing the pedal gear...

Also you will have to fab a drilled metal bracket to bolt the booster from behind with the original bolt pattern and then around it to the firewall, and don't forget to devise a way to route the vacuum hose through the firewall to the booster ;)

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Ive decided to mount a vw golf mk11 booster behind the glove box (rhd)

Leave a comment:

• EWAustin
    replied
    My dad has an e28 with hydraulic assist brakes. They feel AWESOME. If you can make that setup work that's definitely the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Thats an interesting idea! Whats to stop me from recessing the booster into the passenger glove box (rhd) and having the cylinder poke out the hole?
    Its this or hydrolic e23 booster........hmmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by ivo316 View Post
    Maybe you could install the booster behind the firewall, under the dash, with just the reservour sticking into the engine compartment, I looked under my dash and there seems to be room there for the booster.

Leave a comment:

• ivo316
    replied
    Shit! sorry I just didn't even think it was RHD, well, is there room on the right side?, I think that with the intake out of the way maybe the right side would be a logical location for it, and ditch all the linkage. (mabe it's harder, ut it's worth giving it some thougt).

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    Just remember it's alot harder for us RHD guys, the booster is still on the left side and it has a linkage that runs across the inside of the firewall from right->left.

Leave a comment:

• ivo316
    replied
    Actually you are right, the whole pedal rack would have to be fabricated, but it looks simpler than remote mounting, taking into account where his intake is and the limited space.

Leave a comment:

• asubimmer
    replied
    I really doubt you could fit the booster on the other side of the firewall and not have to put in all new pedals and everything up there...

Leave a comment:

• ivo316
    replied
    Maybe you could install the booster behind the firewall, under the dash, with just the reservour sticking into the engine compartment, I looked under my dash and there seems to be room there for the booster.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    ;) lol so when you put a bmw v8 in you wont run into the same problem? i dont think so....

The Tilton and willwood setups look good. Anyone got prices?
    Have a look around on ebay, it'll probably be cheaper from a retail store here in aus/nz.

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    ;) lol so when you put a bmw v8 in you wont run into the same problem? i dont think so....

haha im sure the car god know what they are doing and will judge accordingly

Leave a comment:

• bimmers4life
    replied
    when i was plannin on putting a ls1 in my car i was going to use a hydro boost setup from a mustang. Might be worth looking into for your application

Leave a comment:

• drifty340i
    replied
    Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30 View Post
    this is the cars gods way of telling you that that engine doesnt belong in a BMW...

i would seriously look at a tilton or willwood pedal setup...new brake lines are easier than a remote setup

Leave a comment:

• BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    this is the cars gods way of telling you that that engine doesnt belong in a BMW...

i would seriously look at a tilton or willwood pedal setup...new brake lines are easier than a remote setup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X