Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 Project

Hey Guys....

Just bought another E30, 1989 320i (was imported from Japan).

Basically looking for some new ideas, thoughts, feedback, whatever.... Was planning on building a M10 Turbo for it, but have recently changed my thoughts to doing the M5 conversion...

The "purpose" of the car is to be a "sleeper", nothing to loud on the exterior... the rest is free game..

Expected Budget: $8-10K (not including the car)

What do you guy's think?

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
    I think we need more pictures ASAP.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Are you being serious? If you are, not a problem.... what do you want to see??

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
      I think we need more pictures ASAP.

Comment

Are you being serious? If you are, not a problem.... what do you want to see??
        I'd like to see the front and the int. Is it a right hand drive car or left hand drive?

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

The car.

Comment

nice, im assuming is auto as most of e30s are in japan, minus m3s etc.
            I see your in canada, where abouts?
            a guy i used to know imported one that looks identical, mtech2, 2 tone black and grey...........auto.

sounds like a wicked base to start from

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
            function>form

Comment

I would bet it is auto, as I have never found a manual tranny in a euro 3 series coming from Japan, except for M3's of course. I have two of them myself.

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

Ok.... by popular demand....

One more thing, the motor is facked... the timing belt broke on the previous owner, you know the rest...

I just bought the car yesterday from a guy in Saskatoon (just above Montana in the great white north for all you Americans). The guy gave me a great deal on it, sounded like the reason he sold to me at a reduced price was because I am going to drop a M5 driveline in it.

Super nice guy BTW, he's got another BMW now 325 w/ M-tech package. I think a friend of his imported it, something like that... yesterday was a long day.... it's a blur....

Oh yeah, its an auto (boo). I am located in Winnipeg...... (north of North Dakota for the Americans).....

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
                  nice, im assuming is auto as most of e30s are in japan, minus m3s etc.
                  I see your in canada, where abouts?
                  a guy i used to know imported one that looks identical, mtech2, 2 tone black and grey...........auto.

sounds like a wicked base to start from

Comment

Wow, lotsa Mtech goodies on that thing.

Nice buy!
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Was this the one with the blown head?

If it was, you beat me to it! I going to look at it yesterday after work! haha good luck with the car

Comment

That's the same one! You win some you lose some... right? Did you see the other one he got? It's pretty sweet looking, it's an automatic but other than that... it's in really nice shape..

Originally posted by James View Post
                        Was this the one with the blown head?

If it was, you beat me to it! I going to look at it yesterday after work! haha good luck with the car

Comment

That's the same one! You win some you lose some... right? Did you see the other one he got? It's pretty sweet looking, it's an automatic but other than that... it's in really nice shape..
                          No i didn't even get a chance to go round, I just gave him a call and he said he sold it. No worries i have enough projects anyways, glad it went to and enthusiast

Comment

M3 Power?

Been looking for an S38... but stumbled onto a wrecked 2001 M3 w/43K miles today. If all goes well, meaning I get the car for a reasonable price... this mofo will be S54 powered with the S6S 420G transmission.

So anyway, here's a picture of the car. Any thoughts on what it's worth? The title is "Irreparable / Parts Only".

Later,
                            Mark

Comment

nice rolling shell. cant get much better than starting with an mtech2 package.

i vote against the s54, unless you are an electrical genious and master fabricator. the s38 e34 m5 engine would be a nice touch though.:p
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X