No announcement yet.

New E30 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, the shell is in great condition haven't found any rust yet!

Agreed, it isn't the easiest swap around, but that's half the fun right? I am no slouch in the electrical/mechanical department.

No rush to finish this car, if it takes a year or two.... so be it... The wife on the other hand... almost puked when I brought this home

Her: What's that?
    Me: What's what?
    Her: That... (pointing to car on trailer)
    Me: Ohh that...it's nothing..
    Her: MARK!
    Me: Did I mention how great you look today?
    Me: By the way, I need a hand pushing this into the yard...
    Her: Walking away...
    Me: Car you park your car outside for awhile?

You had to be there....

Do you think the S38 would be a "cooler" or just an easier swap? I am torn really, love the S38 but it's harder to find....

Later,
    Mark

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
    nice rolling shell. cant get much better than starting with an mtech2 package.

i vote against the s54, unless you are an electrical genious and master fabricator. the s38 e34 m5 engine would be a nice touch though.:p
    Last edited by thectrlguy; 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thectrlguy View Post
      Thanks, the shell is in great condition haven't found any rust yet!

Agreed, it isn't the easiest swap around, but that's half the fun right? I am no slouch in the electrical/mechanical department.

No rush to finish this car, if it takes a year or two.... so be it... The wife on the other hand... almost puked when I brought this home

Her: What's that?
      Me: What's what?
      Her: That... (pointing to car on trailer)
      Me: Ohh that...it's nothing..
      Her: MARK!
      Me: Did I mention how great you look today?
      Me: By the way, I need a hand pushing this into the yard...
      Her: Walking away...
      Me: Car you park your car outside for awhile?

You had to be there....

Do you think the S38 would be a "cooler" or just an easier swap? I am torn really, love the S38 but it's harder to find....

Later,
      Mark
      Nearly the same conversation every night i get home from work except its not on a trailer.
      At first glance... M3 with racing decals = likely hard driven (it didn't get in that condition from the Canadian Tire parking lot.)

Beaux

Comment

Analog clock in the dash FTW! Well wait a sec.. didnt they have that in the earlier 318 models?

Comment

Mark, you are my fucking HERO!

Remind the loving woman that this car means you won't be porking some other broad, right? Maybe choose some better language (sounds like you are the master of that) but get the point across.

What a sweet find. Absolutely terrific looking car, great "kit", black on grey is awesome!

PNW Picnic 2009...its only like a 1500 mile drive for you. Be there or BAN!

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hey Luke,

I am no hero, but thanks. To be honest, I gave her that speech already! It went something like this (after the car was off the trailer, and her car was on the front street)

Me: Hey, thanks for your help by the way...
            Her: You're welcome...
            Me: Think of it this way, I won't be out boozing with the boys as much with a new project on the go...
            Her: That's true....
            Me: Did I bitch, moan & complain when we renovated the kitchen?
            Her: Errr.... no...
            Me: I know, you're a woman, emotional, irrational,.. and that's ok.. I have learned to love you...
            Me: Now... what's for dinner?

Yeah, the car was a pretty good find... really happy I found it, and happy to be working on another project....

PNW? Pacific Northwest? Send me some info, sounds like fun!

Take it easy,
            Mark

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Mark, you are my fucking HERO!

Remind the loving woman that this car means you won't be porking some other broad, right? Maybe choose some better language (sounds like you are the master of that) but get the point across.

What a sweet find. Absolutely terrific looking car, great "kit", black on grey is awesome!

PNW Picnic 2009...its only like a 1500 mile drive for you. Be there or BAN!

Luke
            Last edited by thectrlguy; 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Sweet start, can't wait to see where it goes. Good to have another Canadian on the board.

Comment

AAARGH! We are being overrun from the north!

Mark, read this.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I was just gonna say lol, be careful with jap imports, they tend to not change oil or do any maintenance because it is so expensive over there.
                  Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

hey thectrlguy, send me your address so I can Tonya Harding your ass and steal your car! ;)

JK, what a steal of a find!

if you decide that you are looking for different wheels, I am interested in yours.
                    In fact, if you're going to upgrade to an aftermarket body kit, let me know, I would be willing to take your cheap useless current body kit off of your hands. ;)

jk
                    NICE RIDE!
                    Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                    That Guy.
                    03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Hey Funkmasta,

Haven't heard that name in awhile, that was pretty damn funny. I actually started laughing out loud in the office (it's ok, they already think I am nuts).

Thanks, glad you like it. And if I decide to abandon the body kit (I have been thinking about it) I will let you know. That being said, I might even ditch the wheels in favor for some steelies.... it's still early....

Tonya Harding... that was funny....

Later,
                      Mark

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
                      hey thectrlguy, send me your address so I can Tonya Harding your ass and steal your car! ;)

JK, what a steal of a find!

if you decide that you are looking for different wheels, I am interested in yours.
                      In fact, if you're going to upgrade to an aftermarket body kit, let me know, I would be willing to take your cheap useless current body kit off of your hands. ;)

jk
                      NICE RIDE!

Comment

I think you are right. When pulling the valve cover, it was pretty clear the oil wasn't changed very often.

But, that's ok..... that old M20B20 is toast anyway!

Later,
                        Mark

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
                        I was just gonna say lol, be careful with jap imports, they tend to not change oil or do any maintenance because it is so expensive over there.

Comment

Good day eh?

Have you ever been to the PNW picnic? I would think a lot of folks from BC/AB make their way down there.

Now take off you hoser.....
                          Mark

Originally posted by BigFurryWhale View Post
                          Sweet start, can't wait to see where it goes. Good to have another Canadian on the board.

Comment

nice, sometimes this year I'll get back to Japan to get me a set of BBS rims
                            Continuous For Sale Thread
                            323i s50

Comment

Hey Guys,

I was looking for some feedback on the wreck I posted (page 1 of this thread, near the bottom).

Some feedback on what you think it's worth would be super. It's up for auction this Wednesday.

Later,
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X