Would this be ackward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be ackward?

Ok, the PO of my car put koni reds all the way around, which are currently shot. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt for them in my phone book of records he gave me.

I called up the shop he ALWAYS went to, to see if they had a record of it. Also unfortunately they purge records after 2 years so they don't have it.

Would it be weird for me to call the PO at him home and ask? It would be killer if I could get new struts for free, I checked prices and it would be close to $800 for new ones all around. I don't really want to talk to him about the car because of how much I have basterdized it lol, he might get sad.
    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

It depends on how long ago you bought the car. Also consider that warranties are not transferrable between owners of a vehicle.

Comment

Previous Owner ;)

Comment

I dont think so. I would welcome a call from a person that bought my car. I think that its worth a try and might prevent from the $800 expense. Just do it!

Comment

No answer :(

Found his cell number, so I think that would be less awkward than calling his house. Left a message at least.

Comment

Oh wow lol.

He called back, and the first thing he said was "You put an e36 m3 motor in didn't you?" before I said anything!

Im like, uh... how did you know that???

The guy I sold the s14 to in canada I guess called up the PO too asking questions about the motor lol.

Anyways, he thought they were the original struts.... He said if they were replaced the shop I called would have put them on.

Damn, dead end :( Guess I gotta shell out for new ones.

Comment

lol that's funny. if I call the PO it would go something like this -

"ok lady, how often did you change oil on this b ? why the heck did you put gm coolant in there , oh and thanks for telling me about the clutch" and bent to front strut"
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I've heard a few stories of 2nd owners just sending the struts to Koni and them still re-building for free. You may get lucky.

Comment

But aren't Koni reds light duty "standard" gas shocks?
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Fanzotti View Post
                    I've heard a few stories of 2nd owners just sending the struts to Koni and them still re-building for free. You may get lucky.
                    Yeah I am gonna call them up tomorrow and just pretend to be the PO and say I lost the receipt.

Comment

My stock shocks were red, prolly still stock
                      Dan Zickel
                      1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

i had red shocks that seemed to be origional on my e30 also...didnt even bother checking the brand, just tossed em.

i say just send em to KONI and see what happens, if they are shot anywayz then its not like they are worth shit.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by E30Driv3R View Post
                          My stock shocks were red, prolly still stock
                          Hmm, well mine are red and say koni.... soooo.... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            i had red shocks that seemed to be origional on my e30 also...didnt even bother checking the brand, just tossed em.

i say just send em to KONI and see what happens, if they are shot anywayz then its not like they are worth shit.
                            Yeah I'm just gonna give them a call tomorrow and see what I can do I guess.

Comment

so were your conversations with the PO awkward?

Originally posted by vlad
                              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                              X