Parents putting damper on modding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents putting damper on modding.

I have a 86 325es and I have a 3.3L M30 that I am putting in it. Ok, I have and ENGINE, one of the most complicated and expensive things you can install in a car. All I would like to do is put some billy sports and fk springs on it, but my parents are telling me that I will have to replace a whole bunch of other things if i get suspension components. WTF? shouldn't they be replaced anyway regardless? I don't see how they can let me swap engines and not do anything with suspension? looking past my age and whiny highschoolness I don't know how they can see any logic in their reasoning? what would you do? I have the money to buy the parts right off, and I need shocks anyway, I don't see how springs are really making a difference?

Buy the parts and do it, when its done its done and they probably wont try to change it. Thats what I did with my parents, your car, your money, your problems not theirs.
    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Surely replacing tired and worn out standard shocks/springs is a wise move,not just in the modifying sense but taking general vehicle safety into account?

94 316i Touring M52B28
      Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

Comment

dude you should like run away or something.

Comment

Respond by beating them to the punch with the best parts, and the most power. Turn that 3.2L heater into a car that smokes theirs. Don't settle for the stock 200hp or so, go with like 240.
          :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

Buy the parts and when they complain, tell them that it will help handle the car for emergency maneuvers.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

kick them square in the nuts. OR threaten to do drugs as an alternative to working on/modifying you're car.

Comment

parents dictating car mods....uh, are they paying for it or something?
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Go pout in a corner and play world of warcraft instead of modding your car.
                  tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                    OR threaten to do drugs as an alternative to working on/modifying you're car.
                    haha i used to do that when my parent thought i was spending too much money on my cars..."well mom i guess i could by a lotta coke for the same amount as these springs and have a LOT more fun"
                    e30sport.net
                    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                      kick them square in the nuts. OR threaten to do drugs as an alternative to working on/modifying you're car.
                      Is that what worked with your parents, Tom? Although, I doubt you would have had to resort to that. Your Dad is fucking cool.

Comment

Tell them to stfu and then proceed to mod your car.

Did you buy the car with your own money, or did your parents buy it for you? Did you earn your mod money, or are you spending mom's money?

If it's your car and your money, who cares what they say?

A wise man once said, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."

-Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                          Is that what worked with your parents, Tom? Although, I doubt you would have had to resort to that. Your Dad is fucking cool.
                          :rofl: lol and QFT. Looking forward to heading up there again next year.

Comment

Maybe they want you to save some money for college or something like moving out of their house instead of dropping it into a car thats worth 500 dollars. But do what I do and buy whatever you want and mod away, my dad says crap everytime the UPS guy shows up but then he always comes around to help with the installs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Specify that you would like your packages held at a local ups store and pick them up there, then they can't even bitch at you for having piles of boxes delivered to their house. Or just deliver them there, when they ask about it, say you bought a sex swing.

If you're doing shocks, bushings you're fine, springs don't really go bad....

Comment

Working...
                              X