No announcement yet.

E30 M3 costs in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother who is over there now was quoted by the local car exporter to expect paying about 1100-2200 euros to make a BMW DOT legal.

Comment

Just goto the DOT web site and it's considerable more than 1200 euro to bring up to spec. 25 years for emissions and 20 years for safety. No getting around the numbers Gents face it.

Roll it on a C-130 that's a joke. the thing has to stop at 3 base enroute for gas on the way home. that's quite a few hands you will have to wash there. Trust me if I haven't smuggled my Ducati 748sp Bimoto in on the C-5 your not doing a car on a 130. Unless you have a lot of cash for bribery. Customs and Ag greet every DOD aircraft return from overseas so don't even dream it. Hasn't been done since the 70's.

Federalization costs are about 7.5k on cheap side and 15k on high side so do math is it worth it? And you are not allowed to do it yourself it needs to be done thru a registered importer with a customs bond assesed to it that is forfeitable.

Check this link as a quick guideline http://www.kanjidic.com/Gaz21/import_usa.html
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You can also check out which cars are allowed to be imported at www.nhtsa.gov check under vehicle importations On the 323i, I was quoted $2700 for federalization costs with about an six to eight month for the car to clear customs.

Hell the M3 which was purchased in the US originally took close to around three weeks to clear customs and get to me
        Continuous For Sale Thread
        323i s50

Comment

You will be looking at substantial cost if the vehicle was not already present in the US. But if the model is available in the US the import cost are around 1100-2200 euro. The vehicle he wants to import is a BMW 850.

Comment

Working...
          X