Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

well summer is rolling around and i think i'll have money within the first few weeks to get some new wheels. i was thinking 18 for a while, then i was thinking about 17's, 16 if they were dope would also be in the running assuming i get a stiffer suspension so i can run them like andre.

just wanting some opinion...not general but in terms of my car and how it look right now, what would you get. i am about 90 percent sure i am getting comps, but if you have any other wheel suggestions i'd like to hear them.

also wtf is with gas prices...i want a turbo but not 2 bucks plus a gallon bad, atleast not right now

SSR Comps... 'nuff said.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
      SSR Comps... 'nuff said.
      Thinking about getting these myself. I know they're expensive, but I don't really care.

That is unless I happen to find a set of MMII-2's.

Comment

Get some 17x7.5 SSR comps with an offset of around 40 and run 10mm spacers.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Re: Wheels

Originally posted by DrMcDave
          also wtf is with gas prices...i want a turbo but not 2 bucks plus a gallon bad, atleast not right now
          Todd was talking about the 325i turbo on Bf.c:
          Originally posted by Todd
          With the 3.25LSD it ran 13.59 @ 103mph and achieves 24mpg in mixed city/hwy driving. I expect near 30mpg at a constant 70/75mph with the 2.93LSD.

Comment

i think with my h and r sports i can only run about a 35 mm offset (ix remember) 17x7.5 is what i was thinking.

also with an ix, i can't change the rear diff unless i get a custom one for the front. i have 3.91, 4.10 is my only other option and i def. dont' want that.

my ix gets shitty gas mileage.

Comment

brock B1 in 16x7.5 should fit your car (or mine!) :)

there are tons of wheels that will work, PM me if you have any fitment questions. you'd be surprized, there is actually more wheel selection for the ix than other E30s (except the M3 of course).

My 16x7.5 TSW hocks were ET20 and fit pretty well on the stock car. I think they'd fit on the lowered car too, but only because of the negative camer in the back. I think you could go up to ET28 on a 7.5" wheel and not rub. I'll have ET25 15x7" wheels in a couple weeks, I'll let you know how those work.

btw, what mileage do you get? I think I'm going to average about 22.75mpg on this last tank, normally I get about 21. (the sea foam DID work!)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You ix'ers are a lucky bunch. You can use the super-light JDM wheels designed for Civic/Integra offset and pull it off without spacers. Hell, if I want BBS' form car I still need spacers. GAY.

Comment

yeah i know a decent amount and i've done a ton of research on wheels that will fit, The one thing i am not sure about is how wide of a wheel i can fit, i'd like to run a 17x8. 17x7.5 will do but i'd like to go a bit wider. et28 would look awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    You ix'ers are a lucky bunch. You can use the super-light JDM wheels designed for Civic/Integra offset and pull it off without spacers. Hell, if I want BBS' form car I still need spacers. GAY.
                    They have an iX. They are not "lucky"

Comment

i happen to like my ix, gets me through winters and is fun in the summer. i'll get an m3 when i am done college but for now the ix is perfect.

Comment

what's bad about the ix's?

if any of you AWD owners are feeling "unlucky" i'll be more than happy to trade...
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

lol i would never part with my ix...i just love the car, and now it has a new head gasket and new head studs and is awaiting a turbo....can't wait

i hope to get an e30 m3 once i am done college then i will have a rwd that nobody can talk shit about, love bmw's end of story

Comment

Working...
                          X