Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I did this past weekend (waterfest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I did this past weekend (waterfest)

Some of you are or have been into VW's. It is where I got my start and have begun in other directions from there. I still get VW builds (mostly what actually have right now). I am putting together the components for my E30 build right now for instance. DaveCN is a frequenter to my little shop. Anyhow, I am putting up a link to my biggest project to debut. Some of you may like it, some will hate it. I am just showing what I am capable of. Though I hope you like it!
    (I am the guy wearing the white T-shirt with DTR performance on it)
    Enjoy!
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3352786
    Incidently, I have worked on a car that is going to be featured in Performance BMW in the coming months. It is a slammed e30 325e with a rather unique paint job.

Originally posted by DTRguy
    Incidently, I have worked on a car that is going to be featured in Performance BMW in the coming months. It is a slammed e30 325e with a rather unique paint job.
    The E30 you mention is a copper patina'd car from Ohio that has a license plate that says "NOT SAFE" I bet. If not, I'd like to see it.
    Reminiscing...

Comment

yes... that is the one. I have done a LOT of custom suspension work to that car to get it that low. And well, one oil pan replacement as well LOL

Comment

You'll get more attention here with some hotlinkied pics, Kev.

Here's a couple:

Very little of this stuff is "bolt-on", and most of it is custom fabricated by DTRGuy.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

So, is it still FWD or is it awd ?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Holy fuck..... that's a sick a4.
            Do you know any of the durty dubs in atlanta?
            Yours truly,
            Rich
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Rigmaster
            you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by DTRguy View Post
              yes... that is the one. I have done a LOT of custom suspension work to that car to get it that low. And well, one oil pan replacement as well LOL
              Yep, he posts here too, lotsa carnage on that pan! Hah.
              Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                Its a Jetta.

Very cool. Im a VAG owmer myself. I have a B5 A4 avant. My cousin has a mk4 jetta. Ill have to get some pics of it. We just recently finished repainting the whole thing. Shaved door moldings, emblems and full GLI lips. VR6 with a few bolt ons. Fun car gets tons of looks. Im sure yours does.

Hunter
                We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  So, is it still FWD or is it awd ?
                  CURRENTLY, it is FWD. However the future is looking toward a fully prepped Audi TT engine and driveline grafted into this car. That is this winter if it happens. The thing is, even if that does get done, as far as the way the car "looks" you wouldn't know the difference. And it was needed to be shown to get the sponsors off of the owners' back. Then we can take it to the next level and hopefully to a local road course!

Comment

Thanks! (I think he is reffering to the chassis designation a4 or Mk4) and no I don't know any of them. I have a few buddies in the ATL though. They want me to move back and screw around with their Porsches again. Honestly, I have planted here and will most likely stay.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                      Im a VAG owmer myself.
                      hahaha.... vag... like vagina... :rofl:
                      Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

This is me old school years ago with some of the dirty. Im the far right with the beanie on.

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looks like insane work on the Jetta, not that I like the style but I can get down with the work you do. Welcome aboard.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X