Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

You can usually find a set on vwvortex in the wheel classified section also. Lot's of mk1 and 2 guys roll on those.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonH
        Be warned that the offset isn't quite right for a 2002. They will work, but you will have some rubbing on the fenders depending upon your suspension and the tire. I have those same wheels on one of my 02s with ST springs, 185s, and I get a little rubbing, but only over more severe bumps. IMHO, basketweaves are a better way to go because the offset is correct (versus a 320i wheel). That is, unless you plan on keeping the 175s...
        It's a 1969 with stock suspension... but aren't these the rims that came on actual 2002's (on the later ones) ...or am i just imagining it? Will it still rub???

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30
          ...just been browsing and I kinda like these too: http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/bear.html
          CUTE eh?

Comment

Originally posted by gusT_EthirT
            Originally posted by MattE30
            ...just been browsing and I kinda like these too: http://www.ronalusa.com/wheels/bear.html
            CUTE eh?
            Reminds me of those flower wheels from tire rack. I bet a bunch of vw beetles have those.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by gusT_EthirT
              It's a 1969 with stock suspension... but aren't these the rims that came on actual 2002's (on the later ones) ...or am i just imagining it? Will it still rub???
              Those wheels came on the 320i. You may have seen several 2002s with them on as it is a frequent upgrade for those looking for an alloy wheel. There were some factory alloy wheels available at the time for 2002s, but they aren't very common and often sell for $$$ these days. For that price, try the "turbine" wheels (320i wheels are often referred to as this) that you mentioned. You might need to roll the fenders a bit and may have a little rubbing if you go hard into a corner with the stock suspension. Worse case scenerio is that you buy them, don't like them, sell them, and get something different.

If you do want to look at other wheels...check out Panasports! A little more spendy, but they are great wheels. I have a set on my Tii and I love them. The look very period and work well on a 2002.

Comment

Working...
              X