Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are these for rare? :pimp: Nevermind the wife being a dick.

My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

are you referring to the headlights? looks like she's having fun..
      I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
      TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
      e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
        are you referring to the headlights? looks like she's having fun..
        Yep just got a set of smoked hellas
        My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Early ACS steering wheel:

And finally the back of the prallschutz/cover:

The other one I had seen before, and it was only the cover, had the ACS embossed into the leather cover. I am honored to have found this and even better, have it.

It does not appear in any of the ACS catalogs I have. I have the earliest one and also Katalog No. 4. I have seen this wheel before though in an ACS advertisement somewhere online, a scan of I'd imagine a catalog.

I am hoping/waiting for Raul to perhaps shed some more light on this piece. I know not all of the ACS bits are documented well; not in catalog, not stamped with a part number or date.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

raul will chime in on this in a few for the expert verdict. personally, i think that is a momo wheel that someone put an acs sticker on. i have seen a few of those steering wheels for sale on ebay.de that were identical except no sticker. it is pretty rare though. nice find.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

not sure if this is rare or not but i found one in my 87 325e. i snagged it right before i sold the car. never seen one before.

E30s for life. will drive nothing else than a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                raul will chime in on this in a few for the expert verdict. personally, i think that is a momo wheel that someone put an acs sticker on. i have seen a few of those steering wheels for sale on ebay.de that were identical except no sticker. it is pretty rare though. nice find.
                When I first encountered this wheel, it was actually only the cover. The cover was embossed with ACS logo lower right hand. It sold for only 40 something Euros. I should have purchased it but I was hesitant as I never could find MOMO 70064, V36 in the time it was offered for sale. I learned a lesson.

This is not a sticker either. It is printed onto the leather. There is no edge, indication of a sheet.

The wheel is period correct. The hub is E30 fitment and appears to have some age, perhaps also period correct (I do not think MOMO dates their hubs).

This wheel I am certain existed as an ACS product. I need to look back into my ACS photo collection.

I did ask Raul. Just waiting for some authoritative word from him. Unfortunately, ACS is not good about communicating these older products.

UPDATE / Here are the photos to further document this being an ACS wheel:

Last edited by TimeMachinE30; 06-03-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shayne_bermudez View Post
                  not sure if this is rare or not but i found one in my 87 325e. i snagged it right before i sold the car. never seen one before.

Can still get those new from the dealer for ~$30, I was thinking of grabbing one.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Can still get those new from the dealer for ~$30, I was thinking of grabbing one.
                    Ya, see them around the junk yard here and there. More so in the 5s and 7s.

I have a tan and a black....

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Do you know the part number? Would love to pick one up, but can't find a PN.
                      Thanks!

Comment

I've never seen one. I am assuming that it is a coin holder?
                        sigpic
                        2007 X3
                        1992 M Tech Cabrio
                        1988 Cabrio - sold
                        2001 X5 - sold
                        1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                          Do you know the part number? Would love to pick one up, but can't find a PN.
                          Thanks!

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

The one wheel I recall now being embossed with ACS logo is actually a four spoke. My memory was mixing the two wheels / covers. I updated an earlier thread with those photos to document the early style ACS wheel.

Now, if I could just get a leather ACS shift knob.

Comment

Originally posted by mlbryant8 View Post
                              I've never seen one. I am assuming that it is a coin holder?
                              Yes. A coin holder it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                                The one wheel I recall now being embossed with ACS logo is actually a four spoke. My memory was mixing the two wheels / covers. I updated an earlier thread with those photos to document the early style ACS wheel.

Now, if I could just get a leather ACS shift knob.

My four-spoke was embossed just like the four and three spoke wheels in the catalog. Besides in the embossing, all the the other marking were Momo, same with the #2006 hub.
                                sigpic
                                January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
                                X