This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
    Is that Ron Perry in your garage there SoCal323i?...

were you at the fest, parked behind ron's M5?
    Good eye! Yes, that's Ron in the garage and no, it wasn't me parked by Ron at the fest, I didn't make it this year unfortunately.

Thanks for all the compliments on the e28 Guys:)

Mmmm
    Der Cherry Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
      Great idea. The stock door/rests are definitely not needed when you want to actually 'drive' the car. You may be able to find a black plug for the one hole and it'll look 'nearly' stock.
      I have to give credit to Gustave Stroes (sp?) @ www.gsperformance.com for the idea.

About plugging it - I think I am going to get the door cards redone with suede or alcantara so it doesn't have any unnecessary holes
      Brian
      89 M3 2.5 - 91 318iS - 91 325iX - 06 X5 4.8iS - 03 525i Touring - Some 91 850s, and a few parts cars...

Comment

Last edited by devonjordan; 05-25-2008, 12:11 AM. Reason: Im retarded...
        Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I know this shift knob is NLA.

Took me forever to find a NICE large tool kit.

And I just picked up the trunk lid liner for my car. With the large tool kit, I will need to carefully enlarge the opening in order for the tool kit to fit right.
          Originally posted by Simon S
          When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Did you get those seat skins from creative options?

Originally posted by SoCal323i View Post
            It's actually a US model converted to Euro.

Last edited by JasonC; 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM.
            87 535is TCD S2
            72 Super Beetle

Comment

Is that Paul Cain talking with him?

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
              Is that Ron Perry in your garage there SoCal323i?...

were you at the fest, parked behind ron's M5?
              [I

Comment

As much as I love looking at those pictures, for the love of god if you're going to quote the post, delete the img tags... sheesh.
                Originally posted by Simon S
                When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDuper View Post
                  As much as I love looking at those pictures, for the love of god if you're going to quote the post, delete the img tags... sheesh.
                  I was going to say the samething. I went ahead and cleaned up some so we don't see the same pictures on three different pages in a row.

1992 BMW 325iC
                  1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                  1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Fav. shift knob, hands down.. had one in my first 325is but it was worn out..
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

the lighted shift knob actually is still available, last i checked the e30 one piece is NLA but they have just the knob.
                      harry/harout

Comment

Took me forever to find a NICE large tool kit.
                        That OE battery looks to be original as well. Was that in the car when you got it? NLA IIRC.

I didn't realize that illuminated anatomic //M knob was NLA. My father got one recently from the dealer (not sure if it's the same PN) for his E34 M5. It's a good look piece for an M car though. I wouldn't mind finding an illuminated door knob style (non-///M) without the boot. The version with the boot is like $180 from the dealer if it's even still available.
                        - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                        E36 325i sedan
                        E30 325i sedan
                        Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickMcHugh View Post
                          Did you get those seat skins from creative options?
                          Patrick,
                          Jim's Auto Upholstery in San Diego did the seats. You've probably heard them mentioned on the MyE28 board.

Mmmm
                          Der Cherry Bomb

Comment

The 6 cassette tape holder mentioned came in my 87 325 which got wrecked, i dont think its rare because that car wasnt anything special, but it is cool so i put it in my 85 323i. the 323i has a manual steering rack, manual windows, and no passenger side mirror (block off plate), rear fogs with button obviously.

1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                            2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                            2003 X5 3.0

Comment

I just bought that lighted shiftknob from turner motorsport not too long ago. It's a one piece with shiftboot though.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                                the lighted shift knob actually is still available, last i checked the e30 one piece is NLA but they have just the knob.
                                one piece still available...got mine a few months back and i love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X