mono wipers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mono wipers..

do the "real" kits come with a new motor or just the linkage? my wipers are FUBAR and I've always wanted a mono wiper.. maybe kill 2 birds with one stone.

Who makes the original and where can I get one?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Originally posted by nando View Post
    do the "real" kits come with a new motor or just the linkage? my wipers are FUBAR and I've always wanted a mono wiper.. maybe kill 2 birds with one stone.

Who makes the original and where can I get one?

original as Gr. A DTM M3? ;)

Bonrath, AC Shnitzer and I forgot who esle made these kits, still available from AKGmotorsports.com and it doesnt come with the motor, just linkage

Comment

mono wipers are rad but there's a reason most cars come with 2 of them.
      beware of attack squirrels

Comment

Originally posted by robtech View Post
        whats that? extra weight?
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Eh, not entirely. My friend Evan's 190E has a monowiper stock. I wouldn't mind having one, espeically since now my car rarely sees any kind of inclement weather, and it's not like they don't function. But for the cost/pain in the ass of installing them, it's not really worth it. :D

Comment

I'm pretty sure my wiper motor is toast, so I have to take that apart anyway. oh well. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
              Bonrath, AC Shnitzer and I forgot who esle made these kits, still available from AKGmotorsports.com and it doesnt come with the motor, just linkage
              + 1 .

There are other ways to buy new "old" kits as well .
              I sourced a NIB bonrath unit from AC-Nico last year .
              All new stuff but no motor .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                + 1 .

There are other ways to buy new "old" kits as well .
                I sourced a NIB bonrath unit from AC-Nico last year .
                All new stuff but no motor .
                and hose kits are great... only problem they are no longer available :(

I have 2 used sets left... one AC Schnitzer arm with Bonrath mechanism and a Bonrath set (arm + mechanism).
                *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
                  whats that? extra weight?
                  Hahahhahahaa Switch to a mono wiper and tell me it makes your car faster. Show me times and then I will laugh at you some more.

LOTS of Mercedes come with one wiper. Whats the big deal if you have one that sweeps the whole windshield?

Will
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

^^^^^ looking hella gangsta
                    sigpic

Comment

i just think 2 wipers would work better in heavy rain...

there's no denying the gangster status of the mono
                      beware of attack squirrels

Comment

my mom's e320 has mono, seems like it doesn't work as well but i'll still do the conversion; it works good enough.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                          Hahahhahahaa Switch to a mono wiper and tell me it makes your car faster. Show me times and then I will laugh at you some more.

LOTS of Mercedes come with one wiper. Whats the big deal if you have one that sweeps the whole windshield?

Will
                          your right...

weight reductions don't add up
                          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Do the e30 mono wipers sweep the whole screen like MB?! I thought they were all just for looks... hmm
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              Do the e30 mono wipers sweep the whole screen like MB?! I thought they were all just for looks... hmm
                              Yes the e30 mono wipers , real or fabbed correctly, do get a full sweep of the windshield .

Although the Benz wipers have a eccentric pivot and they actually kick up at either end for more coverage .
                              Almost move in a sort of "W" pattern .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
                              X