87,88,89 what are the pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87,88,89 what are the pros and cons

im looking at an 87 325is 198k why might i want to wait and buy an 89 or 90. besides the obvious cosmetic reasons what are some mechanical reasons. For example do both have LSD,are electronics an issue. motor

this doesn't look like stock side skirts and rear is it a factory option or did some take it of an "iX"
    Last edited by T Verdier; 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM.

Those could be iX skirts but the look to go up the front wheel well too much. Could be BBS or old Zender. Somene else should know. There really isn't much difference in years but maybe a few options. The motors are the same and rear ends.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

They are all the same mechanically and option wise .

Let me start by saying that the 88 is a bit unique in that it has all of the changes that the 89 has but still incorporates the metal bumpers....even with the updated valences .

Biggest difference for the 89+ is the modernizing of the body with plastic bumpers and integrated fog lights .
      Subtle differences are the bigger tail lights , rear wheel arches are slightly lower .
      The cooling system is also revised on the later 88+ cars .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Yes those skirts and valance would likely be period correct BBS or Zender pieces .
        Very popular back in the day .

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
          The cooling system is also revised on the later 88+ cars .
          Hmm, news to me. What is updated? This true for Verts too?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettM View Post
            Hmm, news to me. What is updated? This true for Verts too?

Yep , same for verts .
            Its the model year though , not the production year .

The radiator and coolant expansion tank are the main differences but of course all of the hoses and associated plumbing is different .

Comment

thanks for the info. its got a "rebuilt engine"
              - New Catelytic converter.
              - New Shocks.
              - New Tires.
              - New Clutch.
              - New Timming bell and water pump.
              Im going to get a lone for $3500 get it tomorrow hopefully. Wish me luck

shity pics but it looks clean he says no dings or scratches.
              Last edited by T Verdier; 10-16-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

It's loan, not lone.

And you're financing a $3500 car? You will have to have full coverage insurance, and it will likely be as much as your monthly payment if not more.

I didn't even know you could get a car loan for 3500. Are you putting anything down?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                  It's loan, not lone.
                  Haha , its also timing-belt not timing-bell . :rofl:

Comment

Thats a sweet one. PICK IT UP

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1726949
                    Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
                    gross, I bet that has an offset so positive it could prove to eliminate all emo feelings

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                      It's loan, not lone.

And you're financing a $3500 car? You will have to have full coverage insurance, and it will likely be as much as your monthly payment if not more.

I didn't even know you could get a car loan for 3500. Are you putting anything down?
                      it's not a bad idea if you want to build credit. it would be hard to get into trouble with a $3500 loan (harder than a $20k loan on a POS new Kia).

but good luck getting a loan on a 20 year old car. my credit union will do it, but most banks won't touch that..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        it's not a bad idea if you want to build credit. it would be hard to get into trouble with a $3500 loan (harder than a $20k loan on a POS new Kia).

but good luck getting a loan on a 20 year old car. my credit union will do it, but most banks won't touch that..
                        Taking a loan out is never a good idea. And you don't need credit for anything...
                        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by psloan View Post
                          Taking a loan out is never a good idea. And you don't need credit for anything...
                          okay, so you're going to buy your house with cash? or are you going to rent an apartment for the rest of your life?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            okay, so you're going to buy your house with cash? or are you going to rent an apartment for the rest of your life?
                            You Do Not need credit to buy a house. Any non cookie cutter company will finance you with the best possible non adjustable mortgage rate if you pay a decent amount (10-20%) down and have paid your rent on time for 2 years - in addition to having relative job security. Needing credit is a myth. You're simply paying money so you can borrow money - then pay again! You lose!
                            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Ps - thats assuming you have no credit history for 6 months. Meaning you don't meet the criteria to have a FICO score.

Comment

Working...
                              X