Is this shell too far gone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike325
    replied
    I have had some rust there similar to what you have. You need to cut out all the old, rusty metal first. Then make a patch out of some 1/8th inch or so metal and have it welded in. Then prime and under coat the new metal. I would suggest using POR15 on the edges of the new hole you cut out, just for added security.

    PS, move your jack stands in the front onto the frame rails, not where you had them on the fenders.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmer8604
    replied
    it can probably be fixed, just make sure to cut out enough of it and you should probably replace that fender.

    kyle

    Leave a comment:


  • Brinkley
    started a topic Is this shell too far gone?

    Is this shell too far gone?

    Hey all I'm in the middle of a big swap, and I'm at that point where ive stripped the car down pretty good and I'm wondering if this damage here in the passenger wheel well is too much to fix. the car is in overall good shape except for this. I'm think that the rust would have to be grinded away and a patch welded in. Has anyone done this kind of repair I want to do it right no 1/2 ass'n





    the shell is in good shape and im pretty far into this i would rather not bail, but if this cant be fixed i will.
Working...