No announcement yet.

"Concept" 1 Series tii at Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love the car if it had a cf roof and trunk to match the hood and if the stripes were off. I also hate how the upper line of the sideskirts curves up; the Z4 and e92 do this too, and it just dosent look good in my book.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

I want. That car. Looks damn good for a 1 series even, IMO. And they already looked not half-bad.

Comment

i dont get it, what part is "concept" about it? the interior finishes? the paint? when i think concept i think of a one off radical design. that looks like the 1 series we are getting with some paint and interior.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
          i dont get it, what part is "concept" about it? the interior finishes? the paint? when i think concept i think of a one off radical design. that looks like the 1 series we are getting with some paint and interior.
          Bodykit + alcantara interior, cool ass seats, and paint.
          Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
          Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

ok so its a redone interior car. much like a "OZ lancer" lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
              It's a "concept" to feel out the overall reception to the whole track-oriented theme the car has going on. (Almost) everything that was modified was purely for function, or to hark back to the 3.0CSL/2002tii.

The press seems to be overwhelmingly positive in reaction. It's rumored that something like this is going to go into production in 2-3 years. If they make it, I'm definitely buying it.
              My transaction feedback thread(s):

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292029 :up:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=329392 :up:

Comment

I hope it has LSD like the M, and those seats (headrest sections) are goofy looking lol
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Im making a bold statement:

IF THAT CAR COMES TO THE U.S., I AM GETTING ONE. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. REALLY.

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

qft mariano. that car is sexy

Comment

The front end looks much better in the "real" auto pics. I want thissss.

Did anyone else notice the white tach and black speedo?

Comment

Still needs a diet, but at the right price I would be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
                          Still needs a diet, but at the right price I would be all over it.
                          Exactly. The car is still a massive porker. Give us the 130i Cup car like you can buy in Europe: 272 hp (normally aspirated) in a 2625 lbs. chassis with Koni coil-overs, 18" BBS wheels, etc. That's the car we want!

Besides, the 335i engine has proven itself to be a complete DOG on the track. Unless BMW has done something about the cooling issues, I sure as hell wouldn't want that engine in something that's supposed to be a track car.

Emre
                          sigpic
                          1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                          2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                            Exactly. The car is still a massive porker. Give us the 130i Cup car like you can buy in Europe: 272 hp (normally aspirated) in a 2625 lbs. chassis with Koni coil-overs, 18" BBS wheels, etc. That's the car we want!

Besides, the 335i engine has proven itself to be a complete DOG on the track. Unless BMW has done something about the cooling issues, I sure as hell wouldn't want that engine in something that's supposed to be a track car.

Emre

Got some more details on this stuff?

Comment

Yea, that looks like a road car to me :rolleyes

Huge roll from Henry Van Os during the first BMW 130i Cup race this weekend in Zandvoort

safer too
                              Last edited by Ray Smoodiver; 10-28-2007, 05:14 AM.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                                Got some more details on this stuff?
                                Here's a link: http://www.bmw.nl/nl/nl/index_narrow.../overview.html

Click on "De auto" (drop-down menu on the left) for details about the car. Then click on "Racespecificaties VS straatspecificaties" (on the right) to see a comparison between the 130i Cup race car and the 130i street version. As you'd expect, the 130i street car is much heavier at ~2975 lbs. (don't know why modern BMW's have to be such pigs). But that's still significantly lighter than anything we'd get here in the USA.

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                                Yea, that looks like a road car to me :rolleyes
                                What's wrong with that exactly? Why can't we have a road car that weighs, say, 2800-2900 lbs with a 265-275 HP n/a engine? BMW could build this car today. There are plenty of S50/52-powered E30's running around...and I don't see their owners dying left and right. Not everyone needs to have a 5000 lbs SUV to be happy. There's no reason for a BMW "sportscar" to weigh 3500 lbs.

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                                safer too
                                Yeah, racing is dangerous. Thanks for the newsflash ;) BTW, looks like the 130i Cup held up mighty well in that barrel roll. What exactly makes it so unsafe?

Emre
                                sigpic
                                1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                                2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Working...
                                X